Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in the heating thread but was a little off-topic. I wanted to ask about the rear window heating button.... mine is now not illuminating. Does anyone else see this, press the icon/button but nothing happens, does not turn orange/yellow at all? The front works ok, along with all of the other buttons. Couldn't find info on this in the manual, maybe I am blind :). Maybe the car won't allow the button to go on if it's warm outside or something weird like that. Has anyone experience this as yet?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Solved it. Seems you need to not be charging and ready to drive to turn this on, strange. Preheating turns it on ok. Just not in the cab unless you are driving or in gear… I also noticed if you jump in the car and don’t put your foot on the brake the car won’t go into gears a type of zombie mode lol. Good on the brake then go into gear.

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
Strange that a car wont allow the heated rear window to be on unless it’s in gear.
You would think, as its a legal requirement to see out all the windows, it would make sense to allow the windows to be fully defrosted before a journey, and not while on the journey.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still testing it out, found it odd. Turns on ok when in gear ready to move, I have not found a way to have it on while in park mode yet.. preheating turns it on, but the car needs to be off, I tested it today while sitting in the car unlocked,m pre-heating kicks in as normal and you can feel the mirrors heat up, back window, heating come on, steering wheel heating.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Most likely I will be using the pre-heating anyway (from home when in charger) and from work not in charging. But I do know that also with the pre-heating there are issues.. And would be odd if you cannot turn it on when you only have to drive to supermarket which is 2-5km, then I would not want the complete car to be warmed and waste energy

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m going to have to test it tomorrow. I say in the car today on, ready to drive in park it wouldn't come on then, in accessory mode, it won’t come on obviously. The only real way I found it to get it to come on is this. Foot on brake, press start button, Engage drive mode or reverse mode. Then it comes on. Still playing about with it to find out more options of when it will enable. I noticed if I just press start button without pressing the brake pedal the car won’t go into any gear and rear window won’t go on either… press the brake pedal and start the car it’s then fine. Test it out if you can as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts