Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you in Europe (and elsewhere in the world) lucky enough to have been driving your new EV6,

I have a First Edition reservation here in the US and I'm somewhat worried about the lack of a rear window wiper on the EV6. Have you wished you had one? I own two vehicles and both have rear wipers and sure I don't use the wiper every time it rains but there have been times that I was very happy I had it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it's actively raining and you are moving, it seems to clear just fine without a wiper. You still see beads of rain on the glass but it's fine. I was out for a short drive this morning (15 mins, average speed 60-80km/h) and the window had been wet from morning mist, but it was no longer raining. By the time I got back it was still wet but a little clearer. I could still see cars behind me just fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Actually, I've not needed it at all as yet. I thought I would but I haven't. Visibility at the back is not great to be honest but the window has been clear and dirt has not built up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To those of you in Europe (and elsewhere in the world) lucky enough to have been driving your new EV6,

I have a First Edition reservation here in the US and I'm somewhat worried about the lack of a rear window wiper on the EV6. Have you wished you had one? I own two vehicles and both have rear wipers and sure I don't use the wiper every time it rains but there have been times that I was very happy I had it.

Cheers!
I’m not worried, my Audi A5 had no rear wiper and I never had a problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bjorn Nylands review at the 8 min mark shows the rear window after a long and very dirty drive completely clear. His comment is muck on the charging door is more of a problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your perspectives! That video is amazing - the "schmutz" seems almost totally blocked by the rear light spoiler!

·
Registered
53 Posts
As belt and braces I am aiming to coat the rear glass in rainex or similar (worked well on the non wipered rear screen of my TVR Cerbera :devilish:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts