Kia EV6 Forum banner

How much of a mark-up did you pay for your EV6?

• No mark-up

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • $1,000 or less

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • $1,001 to $2,000

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $2,001 to $3,500

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • $3,501 to $5,000

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • $5,001 or more

Votes: 4 4.2%
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what type of mark-up others paid (seems to be a wide rnage on the map)? Down to ~$4,000 with one dealer, but that seems to be the best I can get. I know will get more from my car when it is sold, but it is still a little tough to stomach.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used cars.com for research and sent emails to dealers a hundred miles out. I ended up paying MSRP but I picked up the extended warranty to cover the electronics later. It's transferable if I sell it sooner. The dealer got some extra money and I got some extra value. The ADM is getting ridiculous but they are selling a lot less cars than they used to. I know from inside info that a few are ready to go under in my area.

If you are getting a State rebate you have to buy in your state.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
I used cars.com for research and sent emails to dealers a hundred miles out. I ended up paying MSRP but I picked up the extended warranty to cover the electronics later. It's transferable if I sell it sooner. The dealer got some extra money and I got some extra value. The ADM is getting ridiculous but they are selling a lot less cars than they used to. I know from inside info that a few are ready to go under in my area.

If you are getting a State rebate you have to buy in your state.
Good.. they are a relic of a past age. Isn't that the capitalism that everyone seems to love so much anyway? If their business model isn't viable then they shouldn't be in business. Dealerships are propped up by a parasitic relationship with manufacturers that is codified by laws lobbied long ago.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,392 Posts
New Jersey, where everything tends to cost twice as much. It is also somewhat complicated since NJ has a rebate on the state sales tax for electric vehicles and out of state dealers do not what to deal with the forms.
Bummer, looking at the markup tracker, everyone in NJ is showing a markup. Closest without markup is in NY

·
Registered
6 Posts
EV5 FE Glacier white Dealer said current ETA is 3/5
Price quoted by dealer is MSRP + 388 (estimated taxable fees) + 999 Dealer Doc fee + tax 3751 + DMV fee 432 = Total 65,456
I guess no way to get around the 999 Dealer Doc Fee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nutley Kia (Nutley, NJ), where I have the reservation for my FE, told me verbally that they are asking MSRP on EV6's. Jack Daniels Kia stated that they are asking for a $10k market premium. I can't guarantee that Nutley Kia won't tack on some ridiculous add-ons but others have also confirmed that they are selling at MSRP. I'm still waiting for my FE to arrive to check it out but I will likely pass on it due to my preference for the GT-Line.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Good.. they are a relic of a past age. Isn't that the capitalism that everyone seems to love so much anyway? If their business model isn't viable then they shouldn't be in business. Dealerships are propped up by a parasitic relationship with manufacturers that is codified by laws lobbied long ago.
The dealership model definitely isn't capitalism, it's more like crony capitalism and I'm a big supporter of actual capitalism. Like you said, laws were put into place a long time ago forcing consumers to buy from independent dealerships instead of direct from the manufacturer and I'm not a fan of laws that prevent competition. Competition leads to lower prices and generally better service. I'd like to see the direct to consumer retail model of Tesla be allowed to compete with independent dealerships in every state. Whichever one consumers prefer will be the one to succeed. The one that consumers don't like should fail which is normal in a capitalist system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Paying a markup is pretty sad and some buyers don't know that they can pay MSRP. I'm in Los Angeles and dealers are pushing markups, but I STILL paid MSRP on my GT Line AWD in Matte steel and two of my friends picked up a GT Line and Wind also at MSRP. There is no shortage of these cars. They are sitting on lots. Don't hand your money over to a pick-pocket.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
Paying a markup is pretty sad and some buyers don't know that they can pay MSRP. I'm in Los Angeles and dealers are pushing markups, but I STILL paid MSRP on my GT Line AWD in Matte steel and two of my friends picked up a GT Line and Wind also at MSRP. There is no shortage of these cars. They are sitting on lots. Don't hand your money over to a pick-pocket.
Exactly. They are advertising markups but will quickly drop down to MSRP if you're a serious buyer and do any haggling at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody else consider buying out of state and then fly there to pick it up and drive the car home? Just curious. I've been looking around where I live and willing to drive less than 9 hours home to save $1k from shipping. So far, I haven't found a car with the config I want w/o any markups.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts