Kia EV6 Forum banner

How much of a mark-up did you pay for your EV6?

• No mark-up

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • $1,000 or less

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • $1,001 to $2,000

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $2,001 to $3,500

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • $3,501 to $5,000

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • $5,001 or more

Votes: 4 4.2%
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Anybody else consider buying out of state and then fly there to pick it up and drive the car home? Just curious. I've been looking around where I live and willing to drive less than 9 hours home to save $1k from shipping. So far, I haven't found a car with the config I want w/o any markups.
That's exactly my situation. Closest dealers to me selling at MSRP are 200-400 miles away. But I specifically want a red AWD GT-Line with suede, which none of them have. I'm going to fly to Missouri to get what I want @ MSRP, then drive home. About 11hr drive. I did the same, but even further to get my current car, but it's gas. A 700 mile road trip in an EV will be a new experience for me. On day 1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally didn't consider it, my range was 500 miles (max) and I had 14 stocking dealers to pick from in that radius. So then it became a matter of sifting through who had the configuration I wanted and then ultimately who wouldn't charge a markup. It was a week long affair of phone calls and emails, probably spent 10 hours of my time to get what I was comfortable with finally settled.

Had I been able to send an email, saying this is what I want, this is what I'll pay, and then have the car waiting for me with no hassle, no surprises. Yeah, I probably would have extended the range and considered a plane ride. But I had no confidence that I wasn't just doubling or tripling the busy work for the same/similar outcome.

For me, it's the back and forth games. (1) Can you confirm the car on your website is on the lot right now and available? Yes/No. (2) Is the window sticker the out the door price of the car? Yes/No. If both equal yes, offer hold. If offer hold, get in car. Else, move onto other dealer.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I personally didn't consider it, my range was 500 miles ... Had I been able to send an email, saying this is what I want, this is what I'll pay, and then have the car waiting for me with no hassle, no surprises. Yeah, I probably would have extended the range and considered a plane ride.
Ha, well, that's kind of what my situation was. I started with a 300 mile radius, then extended it to 400 mile radius. Unfortunately my desired config seems to be rare in the southeast, so I started using the inventory search on Kia.com, and started considering some that were within about 500m. Still none that had my config AND would sell at MSRP. Then last week a dealer randomly posted on FB that he had the exact config I wanted due in a few weeks. I spent about 1-2 minutes debating whether or not I wanted to go 700 miles, then decided I've spent so much time in this search, it would be worth it to be done with this. I otherwise probably would have spent more time searching than what the drive home will be. 😏

·
Registered
38 Posts
I actually drove quite a ways (500 miles) to get the car/color I wanted (red/Wind/AWD/tech) at MSRP. Found several dealers closer that sold at or near MSRP, but didn't have the one I wanted. If you're in northern NJ and don't want to drive too far, Kia of West Nyack, NY was offering cars at 2K over MSRP, and you might be able to talk them down a bit.
If you are willing to go further, Burdick Kia in Cicero NY was selling at MSRP

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's exactly my situation. Closest dealers to me selling at MSRP are 200-400 miles away. But I specifically want a red AWD GT-Line with suede, which none of them have. I'm going to fly to Missouri to get what I want @ MSRP, then drive home. About 11hr drive. I did the same, but even further to get my current car, but it's gas. A 700 mile road trip in an EV will be a new experience for me. On day 1.
Having done that (driven my new car home 500 miles), I have 2 pieces of advice. (1) get all your charging apps setup ahead of time. I ran into problems with Charge Point (wouldn't recognize any of my credit cards - later resolved) and EVgo (no Internet connectivity) which forced some last minute scrambling. (2) be conservative with ABRP range estimate. Admittedly I was driving 75mph in cold weather, but ABRP kept overestimating my remaining range and very happy that I charged an extra 10-20% at each stop. Just got the OBD dongle which should help ABRP provide better range estimates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are in northern NJ, you owe it to yourself to check out Nutley Kia in Nutley, NJ when they get more EV6’s in stock. The dealership itself is a dump but they swore when I went in that they were selling the EV6 at MSRP. My reserved FE hasn’t arrived there yet so I don’t know if they will pull the $1000 “phantom footprint” nonsense, etc. but at least they aren’t tacking on an arbitrary $10k like Jack Daniels Kia.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
If you're in northern NJ and don't want to drive too far, Kia of West Nyack, NY was offering cars at 2K over MSRP, and you might be able to talk them down a bit.
I was at Kia of West Nyack this past Sunday and they wanted $15K above MSRP for a GT-Line, which they didn't even have in stock. Salesman was Eric; very nice, well versed in the EV6, but his hands were tied.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I think it really depends on the dealership. I spent an hour at Roseville Kia and their $15,000 markup and they wouldn't budge below $10,000. I called Vacaville Kia from the parking lot, arranged an MSRP sale, drove the 50 miles and bought it.
Nice to see another Sacramento-area forum member here! I'm still waiting on my FE to eventually (hopefully?) show up at Folsom Lake Kia. If I didn't have my heart already set on an FE I'd probably already be driving around in a GT-Line AWD purchased at MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, I am not in a hurry but if there is one available for MSRP, would love to grab one. Looking any dealer in Houston surrounding in TX. TX is big enough that one would think there must be a dealer selling for MSRP or at least neighboring state. I wish I can order it as I don't mind waiting a few months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice to see another Sacramento-area forum member here! I'm still waiting on my FE to eventually (hopefully?) show up at Folsom Lake Kia. If I didn't have my heart already set on an FE I'd probably already be driving around in a GT-Line AWD purchased at MSRP.
Yeah! Best of luck, Folsom Lake wouldn't even talk to me on the phone about pricing. They just kept asking me to come in. I drove by that night after they closed and they were asking $7500 over sticker on the Wind RWD that they had on the lot (what I was looking for). Loving the car, some buyer's remorse that I didn't splurge for the GT-L but I'm getting over it.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
You need to add a under MSRP option because that is what I got
A colleague expressed frustration that his dealer was marking up the Ionic 5 he was purchasing tonight by 12k. I reply, "if someone offered you a second job that paid 1k a month for doing nothing you would take the job, right?" He thought about it for a second and then called the dealer and canceled the deal.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Would prefer not. It wasn't a ton under msrp as there is very little profit for the dealership.

Only reason was because I sold 3 ev6's for them and they accidentally gave the one i put a deposit down away, so they owed me
I understand why you don't want to disclose the dealer.

It sucks that they sold the one that you had a deposit on. I remember reading a story like that in this forum before so maybe that was you. I believe I responded saying that shouldn't happen. Once you put a deposit the dealer should mark the car sold in their system. Did you have to settle for an EV6 color or trim that you didn't like as much as the one you had a deposit on because of their screw up?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand why you don't want to disclose the dealer.

It sucks that they sold the one that you had a deposit on. I remember reading a story like that in this forum before so maybe that was you. I believe I responded saying that shouldn't happen. Once you put a deposit the dealer should mark the car sold in their system. Did you have to settle for an EV6 color or trim that you didn't like as much as the one you had a deposit on because of their screw up?
Yes but it all worked out and I am very happy with what I got. That story was me 😂

21 - 40 of 80 Posts