Kia EV6 Forum banner

How much of a mark-up did you pay for your EV6?

• No mark-up

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • $1,000 or less

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • $1,001 to $2,000

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $2,001 to $3,500

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • $3,501 to $5,000

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • $5,001 or more

Votes: 4 4.2%
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
That's exactly my situation. Closest dealers to me selling at MSRP are 200-400 miles away. But I specifically want a red AWD GT-Line with suede, which none of them have. I'm going to fly to Missouri to get what I want @ MSRP, then drive home. About 11hr drive. I did the same, but even further to get my current car, but it's gas. A 700 mile road trip in an EV will be a new experience for me. On day 1.
Look at it this way. You’re making $900 an hour to drive your new car home.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
There are Mach-Es at MSRP in my area. That said, keeping 8K in your pocket for doing nothing but waiting sounds like an excellent deal to me.
Haven't found a single Ford dealership selling dealer order or cancelled customer order mach-e's for MSRP yet...must be in a state where EV's don't sell that hot. I had an order for a Mach-E for a while that I cancelled because I literally for months couldn't even find one to test drive. Meanwhile I've test driven 3 different EV6's and coulda bought at MSRP at 5 different dealerships now if I was ready to trade in my ID.4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used cars.com for research and sent emails to dealers a hundred miles out. I ended up paying MSRP but I picked up the extended warranty to cover the electronics later. It's transferable if I sell it sooner. The dealer got some extra money and I got some extra value. The ADM is getting ridiculous but they are selling a lot less cars than they used to. I know from inside info that a few are ready to go under in my area.

If you are getting a State rebate you have to buy in your state.
We did the extended as well. I've had enough electronics fail after warranty... might as well have a little peace of mind ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here, I am not in a hurry but if there is one available for MSRP, would love to grab one. Looking any dealer in Houston surrounding in TX. TX is big enough that one would think there must be a dealer selling for MSRP or at least neighboring state. I wish I can order it as I don't mind waiting a few months.
I live in the Dallas area and found Huffines Kia Corinth and Huffines Kia McKinney to sell at MSRP and no dealer prep fee. Well, that's what they told me. I placed a custom order with the one in McKinney since the one in Corinth said they were not able to.

I visited a few other dealers that had markup fees. I almost placed an order with Moritz Kia because they told me they were selling at MSRP. Then as I was proceeding with the order process, the guy mentioned a prep fee of $1898 which includes window tint, nitrogen air, and removing plastic wrapping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah! Best of luck, Folsom Lake wouldn't even talk to me on the phone about pricing. They just kept asking me to come in. I drove by that night after they closed and they were asking $7500 over sticker on the Wind RWD that they had on the lot (what I was looking for). Loving the car, some buyer's remorse that I didn't splurge for the GT-L but I'm getting over it.
I am from Sac as well and checked out Folsom Lake, no go with msrp either, similarly with most Kia. Found a couple in Southern CA that would sell MSRP based on the leads on this forums. I wanted GT lines 2wd or 4wd in white, the dealer havea GT lines 2wd in red, since I am in hurry so I will wait.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,392 Posts
I am from Sac as well and checked out Folsom Lake, no go with msrp either, similarly with most Kia. Found a couple in Southern CA that would sell MSRP based on the leads on this forums. I wanted GT lines 2wd or 4wd in white, the dealer havea GT lines 2wd in red, since I am in hurry so I will wait.
I’m in So Cal…only place I could find a GT-Line AWD in Snow White Pearl with the suede seat package at MSRP was 1300 miles away. It will be here in a couple weeks. 😁

·
Registered
607 Posts
View attachment 3061

Wish someone would have posted this back in Nov.
@twcz3 I was going to find @MurlinatoR post with the letter to answer you but @dc30307 beat me to it :LOL:. Many of us showed that letter to our FE delivery dealers hoping that it would convince them not to add a markup. My delivery dealer wasn't going to markup mine anyway but I believe the letter helped many others. Many thanks again to @MurlinatoR for being a great source of dealer information to those of us on the forum.

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
176 Posts
@twcz3 I was going to find @MurlinatoR post with the letter to answer you but @dc30307 beat me to it :LOL:. Many of us showed that letter to our FE delivery dealers hoping that it would convince them not to add a markup. My delivery dealer wasn't going to markup mine anyway but I believe the letter helped many others. Many thanks again to @MurlinatoR for being a great source of dealer information to those of us on the forum.
Maybe in the future I'll drop this letter on their desk along with the contract for this car and say I want 5k under msrp on the next one.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah! Best of luck, Folsom Lake wouldn't even talk to me on the phone about pricing. They just kept asking me to come in. I drove by that night after they closed and they were asking $7500 over sticker on the Wind RWD that they had on the lot (what I was looking for). Loving the car, some buyer's remorse that I didn't splurge for the GT-L but I'm getting over it.
LOL looks like this FE showed up at Folsom Lake Kia sometime between yesterday and today; guessing whoever preordered it had a change of heart, if the listed price is any indication:

Marked-up EV6 FE at Folsom Lake Kia

It's almost laughable that it showed up and has since been turned around and offered for sale at a near $7K markup yet mine (same exact option and color) is still languishing in limbo somewhere. Yeah I probably shouldn't complain too much given that others are looking at upwards of 6 months or more for theirs, but at the same time I've been waiting for mine since last June.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL looks like this FE showed up at Folsom Lake Kia sometime between yesterday and today; guessing whoever preordered it had a change of heart, if the listed price is any indication:

Marked-up EV6 FE at Folsom Lake Kia

It's almost laughable that it showed up and has since been turned around and offered for sale at a near $7K markup yet mine (same exact option and color) is still languishing in limbo somewhere. Yeah I probably shouldn't complain too much given that others are looking at upwards of 6 months or more for theirs, but at the same time I've been waiting for mine since last June.

I got a call from Folsom Lake Kia today for that Matt Grey, there will be a few more coming next week, I'll wait and see if there is one that matches my choice then I'll proceed to ask if they are willing to let go for MSRP, if not then they can keep it :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gasoline in almost entire San Diego county now at $5 and well above, even $6. Dealers selling over MSRP is like shooting fish in a barrel. Cheapest electric rate here during off peak hours is $0.10 making an EV a giant cash saver.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I got a call from Folsom Lake Kia today for that Matt Grey, there will be a few more coming next week, I'll wait and see if there is one that matches my choice then I'll proceed to ask if they are willing to let go for MSRP, if not then they can keep it :)
LOL mine just arrived Friday afternoon and they didn't wait long to post it in their inventory, with a $7K markup attached to it. Not sure if they just automatically add incoming vehicles to their inventory list regardless of whether a vehicle already has a reservation attached to it but it just seems a bit odd that my vehicle is being listed in their inventory as being available for purchase.

Not sure if you've looked already but they apparently got in a few EV6s yesterday--there are four of them currently listed, 2 FEs (including mine), a GT-Line AWD, and a Wind RWD.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gasoline in almost entire San Diego county now at $5 and well above, even $6. Dealers selling over MSRP is like shooting fish in a barrel. Cheapest electric rate here during off peak hours is $0.10 making an EV a giant cash saver.
Thank goodness for Costco, although depending on which part of the state (in CA) the prices are not that much lower than $5--$4.74 at my neighborhood Costco, $4.48 in Bakersfield, looks like ~$4.75 in your neck of the woods. Maybe I should move to NV--Costco gas in Reno is $4.15, $3.88 in Carson City--LOL. Yeah I shouldn't really be too concerned about it once I get my EV6 but I still have a couple of ICE vehicles I use for other purposes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
LOL mine just arrived Friday afternoon and they didn't wait long to post it in their inventory, with a $7K markup attached to it. Not sure if they just automatically add incoming vehicles to their inventory list regardless of whether a vehicle already has a reservation attached to it but it just seems a bit odd that my vehicle is being listed in their inventory as being available for purchase.
Until you've signed all the paperwork and paid them whatever upfront, it's technically a car that's available for sale. This is perfectly normal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ah ok; I was a little worried for a moment that the dealer might try to sell mine from under me, or that it'd get used for test drives.
Ford dealers do the same with the Mach e. They list everything they have on order as "in stock". It's a bait-and-switch technique to get you on the lot and into the order room. But I wouldn't let any grass grow under your feet. Go get it!

41 - 60 of 80 Posts