Kia EV6 Forum banner

How much of a mark-up did you pay for your EV6?

• No mark-up

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • $1,000 or less

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • $1,001 to $2,000

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $2,001 to $3,500

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • $3,501 to $5,000

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • $5,001 or more

Votes: 4 4.2%
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ah ok; I was a little worried for a moment that the dealer might try to sell mine from under me, or that it'd get used for test drives.
Can't guarantee that WON'T happen (at least one person I've read of has had their reserved car sold to someone else), but it SHOULDN'T (if the dealership is reputable, and cares about its reputation).

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
Thank goodness for Costco, although depending on which part of the state (in CA) the prices are not that much lower than $5--$4.74 at my neighborhood Costco, $4.48 in Bakersfield, looks like ~$4.75 in your neck of the woods. Maybe I should move to NV--Costco gas in Reno is $4.15, $3.88 in Carson City--LOL. Yeah I shouldn't really be too concerned about it once I get my EV6 but I still have a couple of ICE vehicles I use for other purposes.
Nothing like people lining up for 30 minutes around the block fucking up traffic and blocking roads just to save $1.50 on a tank of gas at Costco.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I signed the paperwork for my FE EV6 the other day--dealer tried to sneak in a $500+ LoJack-like vehicle tracking option but I quickly caught it and told them to remove it. Other than that, the purchase process went smoothly--sale price was MSRP, my $100 deposit and $750 CA clean fuel rebate was applied correctly. Finance guy tried to hard-sell me the extended warranty but at $2500 it was an easy hard pass for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
EV5 FE Glacier white Dealer said current ETA is 3/5
Price quoted by dealer is MSRP + 388 (estimated taxable fees) + 999 Dealer Doc fee + tax 3751 + DMV fee 432 = Total 65,456
I guess no way to get around the 999 Dealer Doc Fee
West Coast and my dealer is charging me a $150 Doc fee and vehicle at MSRP. Pays to shop around, granted the dealer is 90 minutes away but worth the cost savings. Local dealer wanted $12K over MSRP and a $250 doc fee.

·
Registered
488 Posts
West Coast and my dealer is charging me a $150 Doc fee and vehicle at MSRP. Pays to shop around, granted the dealer is 90 minutes away but worth the cost savings. Local dealer wanted $12K over MSRP and a $250 doc fee.
FWIW I'm in CA and I was charged a $85 doc fee, $30 electronic vehicle registration charge, $658 combined for vehicle license and registration fees, $8.75 CA tire fee.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my first edition on Friday. I had it in writing from my dealership months in advance that there will be no markups. Got the car at sticker price. Had to endure about 2h+ worth of upselling of additional protection packages, but other than that - straight forward as it could get.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nothing like people lining up for 30 minutes around the block fucking up traffic and blocking roads just to save $1.50 on a tank of gas at Costco.
heh those are usually the same people that will circle the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a space up front, all so they can avoid an extra 15 seconds of walking. I'm stuck using a gas powered car till my EV6 order arrives, don't know about other people but I choose the gas station based on if it's on the same side of the road and easy in/out.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
heh those are usually the same people that will circle the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a space up front, all so they can avoid an extra 15 seconds of walking. I'm stuck using a gas powered car till my EV6 order arrives, don't know about other people but I choose the gas station based on if it's on the same side of the road and easy in/out.
Same here... my time is worth more than saving a dollar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nutley Kia (Nutley, NJ), where I have the reservation for my FE, told me verbally that they are asking MSRP on EV6's. Jack Daniels Kia stated that they are asking for a $10k market premium. I can't guarantee that Nutley Kia won't tack on some ridiculous add-ons but others have also confirmed that they are selling at MSRP. I'm still waiting for my FE to arrive to check it out but I will likely pass on it due to my preference for the GT-Line.
Nutly will not sell to out of state

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is no reasonable markup. Its price gouging. These companies are still making record profits because people are dumb and pay things like dealer markup or $500 for nitrogen pumped into their tires that makes up 78% of our atmosphere.
Is it price gouging that my four year old trade in was valued at almost exactly what I paid for it 48k miles ago? It was worth substantially less in 2019 than it is today! In a free market economy producers are welcome to set their prices. Consumers will either validate or invalidate their choices. I don't see anyone insisting on taking less money for their used car...you know..since it's the right and reasonable thing to do? As for record profits...I've had a really good couple of years too...doesn't mean I'm gonna take less for my car. I'll take what the market dictates. If the ADM was wholly unreasonable there would be multiple units just sitting on dealership lots collecting dust. There are not.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is it price gouging that my four year old trade in was valued at almost exactly what I paid for it 48k miles ago? It was worth substantially less in 2019 than it is today! In a free market economy producers are welcome to set their prices. Consumers will either validate or invalidate their choices. I don't see anyone insisting on taking less money for their used car...you know..since it's the right and reasonable thing to do? As for record profits...I've had a really good couple of years too...doesn't mean I'm gonna take less for my car. I'll take what the market dictates. If the ADM was wholly unreasonable there would be multiple units just sitting on dealership lots collecting dust. There are not.
In a free market economy you could have submitted a purchase order to Kia for a number of vehicles at wholesale for you to resell. But I guess the free market doesn't allow that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen a lot of people post saying they got their EV6 at MSRP. The market seems to have shifted quite a bit over the months, and I'm wondering if now, in May 2022, are people still getting MSRP? Anyone in (southern) California?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've seen a lot of people post saying they got their EV6 at MSRP. The market seems to have shifted quite a bit over the months, and I'm wondering if now, in May 2022, are people still getting MSRP? Anyone in (southern) California?
Our local dealership, North County Kia shows 0 EV6 for sale. When they had them they were $5,000 plus add ons over MSRP.

Gas now over $5.45 here, average just under $6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid 2300$ over sticker on my wind AWD in Chicago area. I did not want to wait months or longer. Also, these dealers have no cars on the lots (compared to normal times) and deserve to stay in business.

This is the first time in my 60 years I've paid a premium like this. I don't like it but we're all living in strange times right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered one last week and my dealer promised to charge MSRP when it arrives -- but obviously I have to take him for his word on that. Seems you're right that supply has only gotten tighter in the past few months and dealers have realized how good this car is, so walking into a dealer and buying one off the lot at MSRP is tough, if not impossible. Most recent purchased I see here were either ordered one months ago or bought with at least a small markup it seems...

61 - 80 of 80 Posts