Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey. I have an first edition coming soon to Toronto, Canada and I presently own a Kia Sportage which I love. I have taken full advantage of the trailer hitch and roof rack on my Sportage. Functionality matters to me for my EV6, I need a hitch to mount my Thule bike rack may be a deal breaker. I know there will be a universal roof rack that will fit the ev6. I looked at the European hitch and it doesn't have a 1.25" or 2.0" receiver ( it has the ball thing) does anyone know if Kia in North America will have a receiver hitch?

Also as anyone looked at the European hitch install instructions and how they have to cut off and throw out a part of the plastic trim under the car?!?! (OCD kicking in)? Can anyone shed some light on this stuff and will cutting off the trim allow more road dirt and debris sand blast in and under the car more?

Thanks for tolerating my OCD,

Spyder

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lack of a 2" receiver is a deal breaker for me also as I need to tow a small canoe trailer. Not real sure I want a dealer to tear into the wiring harness to provide for the wiring pigtail needed for a trailer hook up!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, it looks like this,(USA) which is a bit of a disappointment as it's not a 2" receiver.
I wonder how wobbly it is? While I'm not expecting a class III stiffness, the removable vertical thing doesn't give me much confidence. I only want it for my bike rack, so if it's solid enough I could probably find a shop that could cut off the 1-1/4 box and chain tabs weld on a 2" receiver box. It's too bad it hangs down so low though. I would have preferred a removable piece of bumper trim. Anyone know what's behind that part of the bumper? I wouldn't be adverse to carefully cutting the plastic to expose a stealth 2" receiver. When the rack wasn't on the car a black rubber plug could cover the hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.