Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
455 Posts
then right at the last few feet it goes into coast mode and you have to jump on the brake.
Nope, don’t have to do that. Just pull and hold the left paddle which will give you full regen and stop the car. It should hold in stop mode (check the regen indicator on the dash) without the brake. Accelerate to go.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
455 Posts
So why prefer the brakes? Just curious.

And if you apply the pedal lightly, it does regen first. Once you get used to the gentle way regen stops, it’s just easier. At least to me.

I never had to touch any brake parts on my 2017 Volt after 5 years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So why prefer the brakes? Just curious.

And if you apply the pedal lightly, it does regen first. Once you get used to the gentle way regen stops, it’s just easier. At least to me.

I never had to touch any brake parts on my 2017 Volt after 5 years.
curious deserves an answer
well I have my foot on the brake anyway to be sure. And/or old school that uses foot to brake not hand/paddle

·
Registered
166 Posts
... actual usage 8000wh with regen ...
I'm still trying to rationalize trip energy usage data. I calculate efficiency from Kia Connect energy usage, and compare with the dash display. They are correlated, but using Motive only is higher, and Motive+Regen is lower than the dash. I need more data....
The thing I don't like is that as the video states it turns off below 6mph.
That's not a choice.

At a basic level, electricity is generated by moving a magnet past a coil of wire, inducing a current in the wire. That current depends on how fast the fields interact. At high RPM, they're interacting quickly and regen works well. As the car slows, the interaction slows, so more current is needed to maintain charging current and regen braking rate.

Just as the electric motors are torque limited from 0 RPM to their torque peak, braking is current limited as you approach a stop, so friction brakes must be used to bring the car to a halt.

·
Registered
253 Posts
well I tried auto regen today. Wasn't sure I was liking it at first, but after a while was getting more favorable. Going to try it more before I decide.
The thing I don't like is that as the video states it turns off below 6mph. So it is braking me as I approach a stopped car and then right at the last few feet it goes into coast mode and you have to jump on the brake. Wonder what the design aim was for that.
I know for sure when navigation is in use it will come to a complete stop and also starts driving again when the in front starts driving within short period. Otherwhise short push on the re-activation of cruise incl. reminder in the dash.

Did not test without navigation as auto stopping is not that relaxing when there is no confidence. On the highway and traffic jams this is awesome

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know for sure when navigation is in use it will come to a complete stop and also starts driving again when the in front starts driving within short period. Otherwhise short push on the re-activation of cruise incl. reminder in the dash.

Did not test without navigation as auto stopping is not that relaxing when there is no confidence. On the highway and traffic jams this is awesome
so navi on it comes to complete stop, but navi off it does not

41 - 47 of 47 Posts