Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All cars need regular maintenance to perform at their best and not degrade over time. Does anyone know the recommended maintenance schedule for the EV6? Obviously its less than an ICE car but certainly there is some set schedule for this car. Anyone? Anyone???

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
This may help you.

Reactions: JJones

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
So going by that list the first big service will come after 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
4 years if you only drive 8 thousand miles per year, if I'm reading that chart right (it says months or miles, whichever comes first). I'll probably put 12-15k miles per year on mine.
You may still be in the 4 years as its 52K so if you do 12K ish your still be good. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
what big service ?, replace cabin air filter is the only thing that needs replacing, a few inspections that i am sure wont show any needs for at least 100,000 miles
The list states at 4 years to inspect,

Reduction Gear Fluid
Cooling System

No doubt the dealers will say this needs to be replaced, going by my previous cars if it sates inspect they will say it needs to be replaced.

You can bet this will be a lot more then the previous 3 years due to these items needing to be inspected and perhaps replaced every 4 years.

(y)

·
Registered
385 Posts
The list states at 4 years to inspect,

Reduction Gear Fluid
Cooling System

No doubt the dealers will say this needs to be replaced, going by my previous cars if it sates inspect they will say it needs to be replaced.

You can bet this will be a lot more then the previous 3 years due to these items needing to be inspected and perhaps replaced every 4 years.

(y)
Wouldn't surprise me if they did, but then I'm sure the change of fluid is fairly easy that if you are so inclined you could do it yourself. Likely is like changing differential fluid, drain and refill with the filling part having some minor requirement on how it's considered "full". When the Factory Service Manual gets put out we will know more. I am waiting for that to be released so I can snap it up.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if they did, but then I'm sure the change of fluid is fairly easy that if you are so inclined you could do it yourself. Likely is like changing differential fluid, drain and refill with the filling part having some minor requirement on how it's considered "full". When the Factory Service Manual gets put out we will know more. I am waiting for that to be released so I can snap it up.
Maybe but no doubt if you do it yourself it will then not have the full manufactures service history.

Manufactures always find a way to get you.

Have the same issues on other cars that require fluid changes that are simple to do but if you do it then you do not have a full service history.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Maybe but no doubt if you do it yourself it will then not have the full manufactures service history.

Manufactures always find a way to get you.

Have the same issues on other cars that require fluid changes that are simple to do but if you do it then you do not have a full service history.
At least here in the US the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act cover that. Now if we can just get the Right to Repair all over as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
At least here in the US the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act cover that. Now if we can just get the Right to Repair all over as well.
We do not get that luxury in the UK.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
120 Posts
Does anyone find it odd that in the US they recommend service every 8,000 miles but the other versions of the maintenance schedule I've seen all seem to show 10,000 or more miles between services in other countries? Anyone get close to 8,000 yet and know what their dealerships were charging for the service?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Same. It’s 1 year/13,000km in Canada - an odd number. But looking at the schedule, it’s all “inspection” until 10 years when you change the coolant. Or if you are following the “severe maintenance schedule”, replace the Reduction Gear Fluid (that’s the transmission fluid I guess?) at Year 9 or 117,000km (approx 73,000 miles).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does anyone find it odd that in the US they recommend service every 8,000 miles but the other versions of the maintenance schedule I've seen all seem to show 10,000 or more miles between services in other countries? Anyone get close to 8,000 yet and know what their dealerships were charging for the service?
Well, you could DIY it at it's really simple what needs to be done.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The weird thing about my vehicle is that the 8000 mile service is already marked as complete in my Kia Connect app. I'm sure it was done by mistake at the dealer but app says 8000 mile service was done at 55 miles lol

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
120 Posts
The weird thing about my vehicle is that the 8000 mile service is already marked as complete in my Kia Connect app. I'm sure it was done by mistake at the dealer but app says 8000 mile service was done at 55 miles lol
Mine said that too, I marked it as incomplete since I assumed it was accidentally marked as done by me.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Light
8 Posts
Same here! The cynical side of me with dealerships makes me wonder if it’s their way of not doing a courtesy maintenance check later down the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts