Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the ability to remotely turn on/off your seat warmers/steering heat and set the heating duration from either the Kia app or the Kia portal? I dont know if this is regional (I'm in US) but I seem to be missing this function although my car has these features. The attached pic with the blue skies came from the app store showing these settings. Mine is on the right.

Sky Cloud Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device
Clock Font Screenshot Gas Circle

·
Registered
Yacht Blue GT Line
43 Posts
Does anyone have the ability to remotely turn on/off your seat warmers/steering heat and set the heating duration from either the Kia app or the Kia portal? I dont know if this is regional (I'm in US) but I seem to be missing this function although my car has these features. The attached pic with the blue skies came from the app store showing these settings. Mine is on the right.

View attachment 2709 View attachment 2710
I don't see anyplace on my Kia Access App ( Android ). What app is that you are using? Looks different from mine.

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
Damn, this is a pretty big omission for me, as it's a feature I use quite often during the winter. I feel like a lot of other Kia's that are half the price have that feature, since it mentions it in the documentation.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
I'm on Android too using the Kia Access app. The right pic is mine. Left is just a screenshot from the google app store.
Mine looks different as well. I don't have an EV6 but I use it for my Stinger and I can adjust alot of things , seats included. There is a difference however with my other Kias. some of them don't show all the controls that I can see for my Stinger. Is yours set for the EV6?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine looks different as well. I don't have an EV6 but I use it for my Stinger and I can adjust alot of things , seats included. There is a difference however with my other Kias. some of them don't show all the controls that I can see for my Stinger. Is yours set for the EV6?
Its got my VIN and showing a pic of the EV6 on top, so I'd think its set for the EV6. I see from the UK/EU threads where folks there indicate they were able to control from the app but I believe they're also on a different EU version of the app. I somehow get the feeling Kia is not ready for a US rollout of the EV6 yet.

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
Isn't there a setting in the climate section (in the car) that automatically heats/cools the seats depending on what the temp is set at? Maybe that's a workaround?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually contacted Kia support and their response below. Ridiculous that I bought the top trim GT-Line and the EV6 is prob Kia's most high tech car to date and they decided not to implement this very easy feature. And they want to charge $200 for Kia Access remote features once our US 1 yr free period expires!

"Yes, per spec, this trim does not support Heated or Ventilated Seat option from the App or the Kia Owner Portal.
That vehicle indeed has these features and can be accessed manually after the engine is turned on. "

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
This makes absolutely zero sense. This feature is in the Telluride and K5, why not their "halo" model? So disappointing...

I really hope Kia decides to make this feature available in an update; surely the car has the capabilities.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The seats can be turned on in the infotainment system, which means they are connected. Also all movement is sent to and controlled to it.

I see no reason for them not to be controllable from the app.

Well, the only one I can come up with is that it could damage the seats somehow, but no idea how. This would affect other cars aswell, but they have it as far as I know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The seats can be turned on in the infotainment system, which means they are connected. Also all movement is sent to and controlled to it.

Well, the only one I can come up with is that it could damage the seats somehow, but no idea how. This would affect other cars aswell, but they have it as far as I know.
Ok, good to know.
I actually do not know how heating can damage seats with no person on them. The other two EV I have driven had no problems with this.
What I think is this is just a thing missed from software. Lets hope KIA will be willing to fix.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts

My guess is they just don't have full EV6 support in the app yet, like they didn't for the inventory tool on kia.com.

I noticed last week the app only showed charge information for DC and AC charging, and now it has DC, AC station, and AC portable--so it could just be a work in progress. The car should be able to do, it can park itself (sort of) via remote, it should have no problem turning on some seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The car should be able to do, it can park itself (sort of) via remote, it should have no problem turning on some seats.
Haha, I agree it does sound right, but in the real world, there is no any implication between these things. It just depends if the manufacturer wants seats to be on remotely, or if they pay attention to this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my 2021 Santa Fe limited, I could only turn on the steering wheel heater and climate control remotely. Not the seats.
Hmm, it sounds like more widespread issue than I think.
I actually have a conspiracy theory that it is done deliberately to distinguish between KIA/Hyundai/Genesis brands, luxury/non-luxury vehicles, or to sell it as a feature.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts