Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners,

Can one of you fine people measure from the top of the driver's seat bottom to the headliner? Preferably when the seat is in the lower-most position? I'm a rather tall person and I'd like to compare it to my current car. Also, make sure to mention if your car has a sunroof. I'm sure many other land giants will appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Petraman,

I'm 6"3 (192cm) and the headroom in the version with a Sunroof was quite cramped, even on the lowest position of the seat.

I had to go with a version without a sunroof to feel more "comfortable" in it ! :)

I hope that helps !

·
Registered
53 Posts
And as ever for tall people here's the problem - we're all different. I'm 6 ' 7" and on my first short test drive in a GT-Line S with the sunroof my head was against the sunroof surround. On a subsequent 2 day loan again in GT-Line S I managed to get the seat adjusted such that the sunroof was no issue. A bigger issue for me was the limited adjustment in the steering wheel, meaning I could only drive with pretty much straight arms, so not the most comfortable. Plus this left the top corners of the display obscured.

So its more than just the distance from the seat to the headliner I'm afraid - strongly recommend if you get a chance you try the seating position for yourself and see whether it fits your body shape. It always amazes me how many cars I cant drive - most Audi for example have the door grab handle in precisely the wrong place for my right knee!

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 6 ' 7"
You would probably be the best person to ask, since you're the same height as me. Unfortunately, the EV6 doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon in the states, and there aren't any auto shows in my area until February (pending cancellation, given the state of things). So, I'm trying to do what I can! Believe it or not, I've owned two Ford Fiestas and a Focus ST, so I'm used to fitting in smaller cars... hopefully that will help me adapt.

Giving up the sunroof most likely means giving up a lot of the features I value... Vented seats, HUD, etc... so it may be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep understand - my first car was a Renault 5, so bigger cars not necessarily better!

I guess it all depends on your body proportions - I'm long-limbed so if you have a longer body than me there's likely to be an issue with the sunroof. The steering wheel needs more reach adjustment as well, I ended up in a real weird driving position with big chunks of the display obscured. So figures only tell you so much- I'd wait until you try before making any decision. That along with the (for me on a cold weekend) disappointing range made it a non-starter

And agree re the S over the GT-LINE- a lot of bang for not that many bucks so seemed a no-brainer

The Ioniq5 on the other hand, much more room but I hated the interior, the unsupportive seat and the way it drove so again a non-starter. The search continues - feel myself getting inexorably dragged towards Musk-world, a place I dont particularly want to end up!

·
Registered
14 Posts
And as ever for tall people here's the problem - we're all different. I'm 6 ' 7" and on my first short test drive in a GT-Line S with the sunroof my head was against the sunroof surround. On a subsequent 2 day loan again in GT-Line S I managed to get the seat adjusted such that the sunroof was no issue.
Hi Mark, Thanks for posting this. I'm 6'4" and am wondering about headroom too. What did you do to get the seat adjusted so that the sunroof wasn't an issue? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Oh, and our local Kia dealer's not getting an EV6 in for a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
bottom line was seat as low as it went - legs and arms both straight .... uncomfortable! So for my body shape esp with long legs it didn't work! But ... we're all different do what didn't work for me may do for you - go try it

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that we have headroom numbers (36.8"... quite low, as much as a Veloster), I went to find a comparable car. Turns out... there aren't many! However! The REAR headroom in my G70 is almost exactly the same, so I tried sitting in it. My hair grazed the headliner, but I still had about an inch of room. Crossing my fingers that it's similar, because I think I could live with it.

·
Registered