Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen or heard when we can order a GT6 and as my lease terminates on 12/13/22. I don't want to wait so long that i would have to get a rental. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The GT will be the last of the EV6 line to come out, should be late 2022 to early 2023 based on info provided. If things get better with the chip situation, it might be sooner. However, no one can say for sure at this juncture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spoke with the manager at my local KIA dealer today and she said they will eventually be notified of when there is incoming EV6 stock on the way and will be able to take orders for the EV6 and EV6-GT. Once they are able to do that, you'd go down to the dealer and put in an order based on what was available in that incoming stock. They advised me to check back with them month-to-month to see if they received that notification. They said it would likely be mid to late 2022 before they expected this to happen (probably longer for the GT). If anyone has heard differently, I would be interested in hearing what other method there is to securing one of the first EV6-GT's released in North America. I would assume that if someone wanted to factory order specific color combinations and features the process would take even longer since it would have to be fulfilled from the factory in Korea and delivered by cargo ship+car transport truck.. which takes months.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
47 Posts
If anyone has heard differently, I would be interested in hearing what other method there is to securing one of the first EV6-GT's released in North America. I would assume that if someone wanted to factory order specific color combinations and features the process would take even longer since it would have to be fulfilled from the factory in Korea and delivered by cargo ship+car transport truck.. which takes months.
I believe that the GT won't be orderable for a while. What will probably happen is that they will distribut 400 or so GT's to the dealer network and it's just first come, first served.

This is how a lot of other models have operated like the Stinger and K5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts