Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
518 Posts
Would this meet your needs? It’ll just go back to your driving habits though as that’s how it’s setup. And as @2022KiaNiro said, it won’t change how far you can go. Why? Because of your driving habits. You could buy an OBD and use a scanner and maybe get the info you’re looking for.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

· Registered
977 Posts
I asked Kia UK this question and my dealer, it requires a firmware reset to adjust things back to factory settings, basically asking the car to forget all past driving which is a trip to the dealers.I have seen the EV6 taking maybe about 2-4 weeks of carful driving to adjust from bad style/range driving of 270miles at 100% to over 300 miles range at 100%. change you driving style, doing floor it everywhere and learn how to use regen better, it will pay off after a few weeks! not seen anyway of getting to EV6 to predict more range, it always calculates on driving style, heating on/off/driving conditions etc.

Soooooo as you hit the motorway at 70+MPH wave goodbye to your range on the next charge :) but go 65MPH and have regen to set zero you maybe just get away with it. I was seeing 4 miles/kwh at 65MPH which is 309 miles range but that was killed by an uphill drive of some 4 miles, went down to 3.2 which is 247miles range. Still testing regen out at high speed. tried zero regen and now testing regen set to 2. Auto regen seems to get it wrong sometimes so I do it manually. if your careful in town with slower driving you can travel 2/3/4 miles without your range going down at all, done that today. left the charger at 100% battery, 301 miles range, traveled 3 miles to get home, still 301 miles range left, possible careful driving and regen giving the energy to travel home.

· Registered
767 Posts
Would this meet your needs? It’ll just go back to your driving habits though as that’s how it’s setup. And as @2022KiaNiro said, it won’t change how far you can go. Why? Because of your driving habits. You could buy an OBD and use a scanner and maybe get the info you’re looking for.
View attachment 5873
I'm not sure that one is the relevant value. It automatically resets every recharge anyway, where as the GOM's baseline value seems to be over the last few hundred miles.

· Registered
5 Posts
Why , what would be the benefit? It has zero bearing on how far your car would go.
For EXACTLY this reason. If you're planning a long trip, with many legs between chargers, you can calculate the MPK you need to have at minimum on each leg to to make the next charger. And, you can see if you're getting that today (with today's weather, driving conditions, speed, and today's elevation change) on this leg if you can reset. And, maybe skip a station or have to look for a plan B before you're screwed.

· Registered
767 Posts
For EXACTLY this reason. If you're planning a long trip, with many legs between chargers, you can calculate the MPK you need to have at minimum on each leg to to make the next charger. And, you can see if you're getting that today (with today's weather, driving conditions, speed, and today's elevation change) on this leg if you can reset. And, maybe skip a station or have to look for a plan B before you're screwed.
The GOM updates in real time based on all of those things if you navigate with the built in nav, and I’ve found it to be pretty accurate. And besides, guessing based on past inputs is always going to be much more accurate than guessing based on no inputs at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts