Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BMW i4 on order (ordered 7 months ago, getting really tired of the wait) and have a Lucid Air Pure reserved as a backup. I'm very interested in the EV6 too after seeing it a local dealer and taking a very brief test drive. I've watched countless YouTube videos as well as having read numerous EV6 reviews. Personally I think the EV6, despite sharing the same platform as the Ioniq 5, is a far nicer looking car inside & out.

So my question, and really only concern (not really uncovered in my 'around the block' test drive) is how is the ride quality? Is it very firm? Is there a rid quality difference between the RWD vs AWD variants? One review seemed to suggest that. I know reviews mention it's firmer than the Ioniq 5 which doesn't tell me much since I never drove the Ioniq nor do I care to.

Beyond that I'm assuming that most here are happy with the car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've test driven a Tesla Model Y and an Ioniq 5 -- and of course drive my EV6 regularly. Both the Hyundai and the Kia have softer, quieter, more comfortable ride qualities than the Tesla Model Y Long Range I drove. I suspect that difference is even more pronounced with the Model Y Performance. The EV6 is more tightly sprung than the Ioniq 5, but it didn't seem dramatic to me. I think that the difference in wheel size and tire side wall height might create a more noticeable difference in ride quality among models of EV6 and Ioniq 5 than the difference in the suspension tuning of those two cars. However, I think that even with the biggest wheels and narrowest side wall tires available on an EV6, it will still have a more comfortable ride than any model of Tesla Model Y or 3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
... However, I think that even with the biggest wheels and narrowest side wall tires available on an EV6, it will still have a more comfortable ride than any model of Tesla Model Y or 3.
VERY strongly agree. I've driven all the vehicles you mentioned (except your personal EV6, of course :D), and there's no comparison between the H/K cars and the Teslas. The I5 and the EV6 feel, ride, and handle like mature products from companies that know there's far more to designing and building cars than straight-line speed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a BMW i4 on order (ordered 7 months ago, getting really tired of the wait) and have a Lucid Air Pure reserved as a backup. I'm very interested in the EV6 too after seeing it a local dealer and taking a very brief test drive. I've watched countless YouTube videos as well as having read numerous EV6 reviews. Personally I think the EV6, despite sharing the same platform as the Ioniq 5, is a far nicer looking car inside & out.

So my question, and really only concern (not really uncovered in my 'around the block' test drive) is how is the ride quality? Is it very firm? Is there a rid quality difference between the RWD vs AWD variants? One review seemed to suggest that. I know reviews mention it's firmer than the Ioniq 5 which doesn't tell me much since I never drove the Ioniq nor do I care to.

Beyond that I'm assuming that most here are happy with the car?
I test drove the Wind RWD and AWD back-to-back and did not a ride difference. There is a SIGNIFICANT increase in acceleration in the AWD though.

I've test driven all Ioniq 5 trims and they are noticeably quieter and softer than the EV6 + Mach-E + Model Y. However the Ioniq 5s handle like a boat like the Model Y (which I own) - it could be the longer wheelbase or extra weight. The EV6 and Mach-E RWD (SR) handle closer to hothatches to me.

EV6 is closer to a Mach-E than Model Y in ride quality. I did not drive the EV6 on the highway but I was allowed to accelerate it to 70+ mph on a local road and drive it around a nasty uneven parking lot.

I much prefer the EV6's handling over the Ioniq 5 but I prefer the Ioniq's interior (it seems brighter and airier).

Sadly, the markups on the EV6s near me are 4x the ones on the Ioniq 5. $10K is pretty normal. At this point I finally have a build date on my Mach-E GTPE and will buy that at MSRP rather than fight Kia dealerships for a lower markup on a "lesser" car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts