Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Nice to see this in the works. It's the next logical step now that battery preheating is available. Would be great to see it on my 2023MY, but I'm not holding my breath.

· Premium Member
2022 EV6 First Edition Glacier/Green interior
158 Posts
Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, this capability already exists on the EV6. You can make a charge station a destination or a waypoint on an existing route. Check out the manual here:
Font Pattern Parallel Symmetry Number

· Registered
293 Posts
Nice to see this in the works. It's the next logical step now that battery preheating is available. Would be great to see it on my 2023MY, but I'm not holding my breath.
MY24 feature 😋

Seriously though if that was MY24 feature with no update for 22/23, I would be really peeved and it’d speak volumes.

Fingers crossed coming to the i5 and ev6 soon.

· Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, this capability already exists on the EV6. You can make a charge station a destination or a waypoint on an existing route. Check out the manual here:
Yes. You can add charging stations manually today. Next step is automatic add of charging stations like ABRP would do it. Notice the checkbox with 'Include charging station(s)' on the image, also the two charging stations on the image is presumed to have been selected automaticly by the navigation system.

· Registered
65 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Does Ioniq 6 have the same Gen5W as Ioniq5 and EV6, or the nvidia system from Genesis?

· Registered
2023 EV6 Wind RWD + Tech
618 Posts
Does Ioniq 6 have the same Gen5W as Ioniq5 and EV6, or the nvidia system from Genesis?
As long as the Ioniq 6 uses the same Gen5W infotainment system, then this new EV route planning feature is purely software and could easily be backported to other cars.
Some type of communication already happens when you set a destination in the nav since the "GOM" range estimator refreshes. Here Maps probably includes elevation data.

“Bluelink connected car services include:
If that now unavailable page is accurate, then Kia could make this an exclusive feature of their Kia Connect Ultimate plan ($200/yr). Yes it's disappointing it could be part of a subscription but it could be a positive since Kia would be incentivized to backport the feature to paying subscribers.

· Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
2023 EV6 Wind RWD + Tech
618 Posts
The Genesis system looks different. The Ioniq 6 looks totally like a Ioniq 5/EV6 system.

Teknologi, sikkerhed og komfort i IONIQ 6 | Hyundai Danmark
Sorry for non english, but look at the pictures.. I'm positive its a Gen5W system in Ioniq 6. But its might just be skinned to look the same.
Okay so if the Ioniq 6 uses the same Gen5W system then it would be really easy for Hyundai/Kia to backport route planning to I5 and EV6 vehicles. More so if it's part of the Kia Connect subscription (for better or for worse).

· Registered
2023 EV6 Wind RWD + Tech
618 Posts
@jtespi - see below, do you think this includes the charging stations in the routing?
As it's currently written, it just mentions online routing that takes into account live traffic. I'm sure that feature could be modified to interface with the car and route with charging stations. So there's good hope Kia will backport the feature since it's part of an active subscription and hence a revenue stream for them.

It would be less likely they'd backport it if it was not part of a subscription.

· Premium Member
66 Posts
As it's currently written, it just mentions online routing that takes into account live traffic. I'm sure that feature could be modified to interface with the car and route with charging stations. So there's good hope Kia will backport the feature since it's part of an active subscription and hence a revenue stream for them.

It would be less likely they'd backport it if it was not part of a subscription.
@jtespi - got it - thanks for letting me know!

· Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
13 Posts
I'm hopeful this will come to the EV6. Complete speculation, but I wonder if the infrastructure wasn't there in the background, ie. availability of the relevant info from the Hyundai/Kia servers. We already have connected routing for traffic so this is the next step.

The Swedish Ioniq 6 webpage also says it will be the first Hyundai to have OTA updates for performance updates and new functions, not only maps and infotainment. In this context I take performance updates to mean bug fixes :)
Egenskaper (hyundai.se)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts