Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Service Action (SA520), along with SA521, supersedes SA494A, which is now closed. Please follow the updated information in this bulletin.

This bulletin provides the procedure to inspect the audio sound system in different modes and, if necessary, replace the AMP on some 2022MY EV6 (CV) vehicles produced from November 17, 2021 through January 7, 2022. Depending on the inspection results, the external AMP may or may not need to be replaced. Follow the procedure outlined in this publication to perform a sound inspection on the external amplifier and, if necessary, replace the external amplifier. Before conducting the procedure, verify that the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.

Attachments

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This TSB has a minor revision, emphasizing that the amp is to only be replaced if it fails the tests and that once replaced, any further issues do not fall under this TSB and are normal warranty work.

Edit: I misread it. They removed the requirement for doing the test if it's within the date range.

Attachments

· Registered
415 Posts
Interesting. My sound system has been working just fine. I just took my EV6GTL FE into Kia of Elk Grove for the 16,000 mile service. They did the SA520 update and found no issue. The next day I get a text that says the warranty clerk wants to order a new amp for my vehicle anyway - just in case. Maybe they know it's inevitable and this is a preemptive action. Whatever. After half a century I found a dealer that is on top of it.

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The revised TSB eliminated the test. It just says to check if it's in the affected production range, 11/17/2021 to 1/7/2022.

Mine was produced 1/4/2022, but I haven't had any issues yet.

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the US. I've heard of dealers doing it during other service, but I could see a dealer balking if it's not exhibiting problems. Cars built after that date fall under SA521 which is a firmware update.

· Registered
Kia EV6 FE
100 Posts
Has anybody seen the list of affected vehicles for TSB (SA520) or know how to get it?
I am not a fan of fixing things that are not broke especially when the dealer is doing on the job
training with EV6's.

· Registered
Kia EV6 FE
100 Posts
I decided not to have my Amp replaced now. I will wait for it to go bad. I do not have enough confidence
in the dealerships yet. The service adviser tried to sell me an engine air filter for my engine:rolleyes:.
Anyway the AMP was backordered to who knows when.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts