Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Service Action (SA521), along with SA520, supersedes SA494A, which is now closed. Please follow the updated information in this bulletin.

This bulletin provides the procedure to update the ‘AMP’ software logic to improve noise and mute prevention logic on some 2022-2023MY EV6 (CV) vehicles produced from January 7, 2022 through October 19, 2022. Follow the procedure outlined in this publication to apply the improved logic to the ‘AMP’ system, using the KDS ECU Upgrade function as described in this bulletin. For confirmation that the latest reflash has been applied to a vehicle you are working on, verify the ROM ID using the table on page 2 of this bulletin. Before conducting the procedure, verify that the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.

The ROM id for SA494A was 0130; this one is 0141, so there's been some kind of update. It's not possible to see the amp firmware version without a scan tool.

Attachments

· Registered
2,049 Posts
Maybe -- it's a newer version (0141 vs 0130) but they don't say what they changed.
I’ve already done my 13,000km service. Now that it’s winter, it’ll be a while until my 26,000km service (only road trip in the summer) so it’ll be a while before I’m at the dealer again to service the car. They’re pretty good at checking for TSBs and recalls.

So hopefully someone else get it done and we can see if it’s applicable to those of us who have done the spring 2022 update.

· Registered
159 Posts
SA521 did not fix my low rear speaker volume. A replacement amp was ordered and arrived a couple days later. The months backlog of amps must be over.
I pick the car up later tonight, here's to hoping I can hear the rear speakers now....

· Registered
159 Posts
Amp was replaced today and rear sound was maybe a little better, but what I noticed is they had the sound set to Surround, which does indeed get the rear speakers way more involved. I had been using Authentic before as Surround certainly sounds more processed. But I guess I just have to live with it at this point. I'll leave it on Surround and just get use to the sound I suppose....

Just sound like a programming issue with the amps "Authentic" setting. Maybe Kia will do something about it later on down the line, or maybe not...
Not sure why just having speakers produce natural sounds is such a complicated thing :)
I will certainly try to find a 2023 model and test out the radio in those...

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind eAWD Technology Pkg
43 Posts
Hey, guys. Is there a way to see whether this is already applied? I set an appointment to have it updated, but then I realized my amp was replaced pretty recently so maybe it was already applied. Definitely sounds better than it did before the old amp blew, but if it can be improved further, I'm all for it. I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting my time going in.

· Registered
159 Posts
Hey, guys. Is there a way to see whether this is already applied? I set an appointment to have it updated, but then I realized my amp was replaced pretty recently so maybe it was already applied. Definitely sounds better than it did before the old amp blew, but if it can be improved further, I'm all for it. I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting my time going in.
For whatever its worth I was able to call Kia Customer Service and they can tell by VIN what fixes have been applied....

· Registered
159 Posts
That's worth something! Which number did you use?
Pretty sure it was this... 1 (800) 333-4542

I have a case opened about my amp issues (Mostly only front sound when not in surround mode) and when I called at first the woman said she could see that I had the first amp firmware done, but not the second one.
I brought the car in to have the second firmware done, but that didn't help and they ended up replacing the whole amp, which didn't change anything either, so now I am going through the process of having engineering look at the issue...

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind eAWD Technology Pkg
43 Posts
Pretty sure it was this... 1 (800) 333-4542

I have a case opened about my amp issues (Mostly only front sound when not in surround mode) and when I called at first the woman said she could see that I had the first amp firmware done, but not the second one.
I brought the car in to have the second firmware done, but that didn't help and they ended up replacing the whole amp, which didn't change anything either, so now I am going through the process of having engineering look at the issue...
Thanks. Hopefully they sort yours out. I know that, in general, the rear speakers seem to be quieter than the front speakers on mine in all modes, compared to other cars I've owned. It does seem that the effect is more immersive and lively, the bass goes deeper without getting boomy, and it hits a good volume for this sound quality at a lower setting than the previous amp. I'm sorta curious to know how the logic update will alter the sound, since it's so much better than the first amp. That's the only reason I wonder whether there was already an update available the new amp was installed. Anyway, they're closed at the moment, so the mystery remains unresolved for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts