Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

Just seen this on Facebook group, two owners reporting similar problem of top of door handle getting scratched as it docks....possible design fault.....any other occurrences in this group?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Forget the scratches!

Look how filthy that EV6 is!!! Please for the love of God spend $5 and wash that beautiful machine!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like grains of sand (appear stuck all over side of car) have got into the handle docking shell. A warning for all to watch what gets into these places - but with the shape of the doors, getting mud in there would probably involve some severe green lane work.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow, those look deep. I bet they are clearcoat scratches though. Easy to sand, polish out if they are. One way to find out... Get some Meguiars Scratch X 207ml | Halfords UK takes them out very easily if they are clear coat. If you can catch your finger nail in the scratch it can only be masked, not fixed fully.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Green is available in Norway. A tad too dark for my liking.

I hope there is some way to make sure this does not happen. Does not look good.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
I wonder how close the top of the handle is to the plastic trim and if grit gets stuck between the two and causes scratches.

Anyone with there car able to look and see how close the gap is?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've followed this up on Facebook, more photos being posted, looks like handle alignment issue affecting some but not all cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My car has a fair gap on all 4 doors, no scratches on the handles yet, maybe given time it could happen, fairly gritty out there on the Scottish roads just now. I would say my car is approaching how dirty that green car is after only 200 miles driving in the wet/ice/salty conditions, 1-4 degrees here just now, grit lorries out most days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts