Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I searched and called a bunch of dealers for a black color. So far only Huffines dealers are selling at MSRP and no prep fee. Moritz told me they sell at MSRP but as I plan to order, they mentioned a $1898 prep fee which includes window tinting. All other dealers had markups. I gave up and placed a custom order with Huffines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I searched and called a bunch of dealers for a black color. So far only Huffines dealers are selling at MSRP and no prep fee. Moritz told me they sell at MSRP but as I plan to order, they mentioned a $1898 prep fee which includes window tinting. All other dealers had markups. I gave up and placed a custom order with Huffines.
I ended up doing an order through huffines as well. Other dealerships doing a mark up said they could do msrp on new builds, but I’d rather give business to a dealership not doing that to begin with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ended up doing an order through huffines as well. Other dealerships doing a mark up said they could do msrp on new builds, but I’d rather give business to a dealership not doing that to begin with.
did they said how long would you get the EV6? My local take custom order selling as MSRP and no addendums but 6-8 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did they said how long would you get the EV6? My local take custom order selling as MSRP and no addendums but 6-8 months.
Kia hasn’t given a turn around time, so 4,6,8 months a year is what they said. Certainly hope it’s not a year out! Buying a cheaper cash car to wait it out. Hoping I buy smart so most of what I invest goes into trade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep me in the loop on how your build process/progress develops! :) which huffines did you go with??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve ended up buying one from out of state dealer. Paying extra $900 for shipping is better than ridiculous addendum or just plain old markup. Downside is won’t qualify state incentives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve ended up buying one from out of state dealer. Paying extra $900 for shipping is better than ridiculous addendum or just plain old markup. Downside is won’t qualify state incentives.
I actually looked into that… but the dealership we checked with was selling msrp UNLESS you were buying out of state then they did a 3k mark up. They said it was to keep inventory local. Sooo annoying. Ended up just doing new build. I don’t have the patience!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually looked into that… but the dealership we checked with was selling msrp UNLESS you were buying out of state then they did a 3k mark up. They said it was to keep inventory local. Sooo annoying. Ended up just doing new build. I don’t have the patience!
I’ve also reserved a new built but there’s no date insight. In 1 week I found 2 dealers, 1 selling under MSRP & 1 of them is the FE at MSRP but I’ve already purchased the GT line RWD below MSRP. Just waiting for it to be shipped.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Moritz Kia of Hurst is claiming no markups. I spoke to Andrew in their Internet Sales department. Clay Cooley Kia, their salesman told me that there was NO WAY that I was going to get an EV6 from them for less than $5K in markups. Got a follow up call from them a few days ago and told them that I'm not buying from them because of what their salesman told me. Then earlier today I drove to their dealership to get a brochure. I asked the girl up front if she knew when they were getting an EV6 so I can see what they look like in person, and she asked me if I'd like to speak to a salesman. I told her the same thing, "The last salesman I spoke with said that I wouldn't get a new car from them without a markup, so you guys aren't getting my business". I say if enough people tell these sales people the same thing, maybe they'll reconsider.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Moritz Kia of Hurst is claiming no markups. I spoke to Andrew in their Internet Sales department. Clay Cooley Kia, their salesman told me that there was NO WAY that I was going to get an EV6 from them for less than $5K in markups. Got a follow up call from them a few days ago and told them that I'm not buying from them because of what their salesman told me. Then earlier today I drove to their dealership to get a brochure. I asked the girl up front if she knew when they were getting an EV6 so I can see what they look like in person, and she asked me if I'd like to speak to a salesman. I told her the same thing, "The last salesman I spoke with said that I wouldn't get a new car from them without a markup, so you guys aren't getting my business". I say if enough people tell these sales people the same thing, maybe they'll reconsider.
Personally, I love that you did this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need to ask them about their prep fee. $1898.
They told me that they do the nonsense (nitrogen and tint) charge of $900-ish. I figure I can deal with that over the $5000-$10,000 "market adjustment" BS.

Personally, I love that you did this.
Oh and during my phone call with Clay Cooley, I also made sure to mention to the person that I had purchased 2 Kias from them in the past 3 years. What I hate the most is that they're relatively close. Oh well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They told me that they do the nonsense (nitrogen and tint) charge of $900-ish. I figure I can deal with that over the $5000-$10,000 "market adjustment" BS.

Oh and during my phone call with Clay Cooley, I also made sure to mention to the person that I had purchased 2 Kias from them in the past 3 years. What I hate the most is that they're relatively close. Oh well.
When calling around I asked if a market adjustment was being done, if the answer was no, then I proceeded to ask if they had mandatory addendums. I bought from a location that quoted no on both and wrote up the papers without either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When calling around I asked if a market adjustment was being done, if the answer was no, then I proceeded to ask if they had mandatory addendums. I bought from a location that quoted no on both and wrote up the papers without either.

There are 2 of them in a 90 mile range of my location. The dealership wants about $5000K in markups. While I'd love not to have to pay the "Nitrogen/Tint" garbage, the dealership could just as well mark up the vehicle as I'm sure someone will pay the asking price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Steer clear of Classic Kia of Carrollton. Went to go see if they had one to see and I told them that I have one on order through another dealership that's not going to add a dealer market adjustment. They insisted that the dealership was lying to me and that they were adding at least $5000 to their EV6s (gave me a story about people from California calling with willingness to pay the $5000 markup, which is fine by me). I had to explain to the salesman that I won't be paying a market adjustment and didn't care if I had to wait 6-8 months. I just wanted to see an EV6 in person. If Moritz Kia decides to add a market adjustment (per the Classic Kia salesman's assertion), I'll simply ask for my deposit to be refunded, and will go to another dealership.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts