Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hard plastic KIA uses on the seat backs is something that easily gets scratched. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a felt decal product like the one listed below on any other car.... and how it performs. Also open to any other products under consideration to protect this area of the car.Felt Seat Back Protector
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
987 Posts
No but I'd be interested in its durability if anyone's used that company on previous cars. They also make door panel protectors in the same felt material. (Kinda like how cars used to have fabric kick panels before they switched to plastic)

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
188 Posts
I have some felt protecters on my stinger lower door panels. They work ok, I sometimes have to push parts down from someones shoe badly scraping it. But it does work. The hardest thing for me was aligning it right when installing them. I didn't know they made backseat protectors but I will be getting them when I get my EV6.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
The hard plastic KIA uses on the seat backs is something that easily gets scratched. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a felt decal product like the one listed below on any other car.... and how it performs. Also open to any other products under consideration to protect this area of the car.Felt Seat Back Protector View attachment 4206
This looks interesting too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some felt protecters on my stinger lower door panels. They work ok, I sometimes have to push parts down from someones shoe badly scraping it. But it does work. The hardest thing for me was aligning it right when installing them. I didn't know they made backseat protectors but I will be getting them when I get my EV6.
@camo when you say "I sometimes have to push parts down" does that mean that the corners start to peel off as folks kick them? If you push them back down do they actually stick firmly again? I would think once they un-peel they lose their effectiveness. Also, I wonder how the heat will affect the adhesive on this.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
188 Posts
@camo when you say "I sometimes have to push parts down" does that mean that the corners start to peel off as folks kick them? If you push them back down do they actually stick firmly again? I would think once they un-peel they lose their effectiveness. Also, I wonder how the heat will affect the adhesive on this.
This is what I ordered for my stinger New Felt Inside Door Shield Cover Scratch Protector Set for Kia Stinger 18-19 | eBay
The corners seem to stay just fine a little touch up here and there. That's good with me because I will want to remove them one day. The glue from this seller seems to be the best balance of temporary tackiness to permanently Bond The part that comes down may have lost some effectiveness. It is just one small part by the door water bottle holder. I just push it back and it sticks. I choke it up to more of my kids shoe memory spot of how he gets out of my car, than a real fail. It doesn't happen on my side (driver's door) . The stinger is black with black interior and is parked outside. It can get hot but the felt has not come loose or dropped because of the heat so far. It might not be the best solution but it works well for me. Again the hardest part I found was alignment and to not accidentally stretch it trying to get it aligned right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts