Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically I’ve always chosen an all black interior/seating. Worked best for the kids growing up. Kids are all gone now. The FE I chose the black interior again, as well as my pre-order with @MurlinatoR

However, the more I look at the 2-tone black with white trim suede type interior, the more I’m liking it. Especially if I get the Snow White pearl exterior.

but….white!? I wear a lot of blue jeans, will it rub off onto the white trim getting in and out? Will it show dirt too easy? And lastly, how easy is it to clean?

So, for those that have seen or tried both, what did you like best? What’s more comfortable?

full black vegan leather or the 2-tone suede type?

and, does the suede type still allow for ventilated seats?

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
713 Posts
I haven't tried any of them, but I can tell you based on all the reviews I've watched, ventilated seats are still available with the suede. My current car has Alcantara seats, and I love them. Warmer in the winter, less sticky in the summer, and holds you in place in the corners. My car is 11 years old, the leather bolsters are starting to show a little wear, but the Alcantara is like new. So IF Kia's imitation suede is as good as genuine Alcantara, it should be great. I don't know how easy the white trim will stain. Hopefully not as bad as real leather?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried any of them, but I can tell you based on all the reviews I've watched, ventilated seats are still available with the suede. My current car has Alcantara seats, and I love them. Warmer in the winter, less sticky in the summer, and holds you in place in the corners. My car is 11 years old, the leather bolsters are starting to show a little wear, but the Alcantara is like new. So IF Kia's imitation suede is as good as genuine Alcantara, it should be great. I don't know how easy the white trim will stain. Hopefully not as bad as real leather?
thanks for your feed back. Watching a German review and he did mention the “micro fiber” seats can be ventilated. He also mentioned best to get the 19” wheels. That’s another option I haven’t looked into much. 19 vs 20.

but liking that color combination better and better each time I see it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Typically I’ve always chosen an all black interior/seating. Worked best for the kids growing up. Kids are all gone now. The FE I chose the black interior again, as well as my pre-order with @MurlinatoR

However, the more I look at the 2-tone black with white trim suede type interior, the more I’m liking it. Especially if I get the Snow White pearl exterior.

but….white!? I wear a lot of blue jeans, will it rub off onto the white trim getting in and out? Will it show dirt too easy? And lastly, how easy is it to clean?

So, for those that have seen or tried both, what did you like best? What’s more comfortable?

full black vegan leather or the 2-tone suede type?

and, does the suede type still allow for ventilated seats?

View attachment 1450
I have the suede seats (black with white trim) as per your picture. They are both heated and ventilated. I am used to leather seats and these suede seats are much more pleasant to sit in. I once had a BMW with ivory leather seats and over a couple of years when I still wore blue jeans sometimes, there was a faint blue tinge on my seat. That may have cleaned off but it didn’t bother me enough to do that! Nowadays, I only wear chinos, which are less prone to transferring dye.
All that said, if you look at the seat in your picture, there isn’t really any white part of the white trim that would be rubbing against your jeans, as your legs will tend to “hang off” the front of he seat.
One other note - when I saw a demo car in the UK, the trim wasn’t fantastically well sewn on (not completely straight everywhere). However, the production car is much better quality.
I can recommend these seats.

EDIT: Just noticed your comment re getting in and out. I don’t rub against these trims getting in and out but that could be an issue if you have mobility challenges.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the suede seats (black with white trim) as per your picture. They are both heated and ventilated. I am used to leather seats and these suede seats are much more pleasant to sit in. I once had a BMW with ivory leather seats and over a couple of years when I still wore blue jeans sometimes, there was a faint blue tinge on my seat. That may have cleaned off but it didn’t bother me enough to do that! Nowadays, I only wear chinos, which are less prone to transferring dye.
All that said, if you look at the seat in your picture, there isn’t really any white part of the white trim that would be rubbing against your jeans, as your legs will tend to “hang off” the front of he seat.
One other note - when I saw a demo car in the UK, the trim wasn’t fantastically well sewn on (not completely straight everywhere). However, the production car is much better quality.
I can recommend these seats.

EDIT: Just noticed your comment re getting in and out. I don’t rub against these trims getting in and out but that could be an issue if you have mobility challenges.
Thanks for the feedback, no mobility issues yet. Another tick in the plus column. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.