Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have viewed so many YT videos on the vehicle that I am getting confused! Does the UK variant of the EV6 have sequential indicators? If so, is it standard on certain models and not on others? Is it configurable in a user setting somewhere in the control system?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have viewed so many YT videos on the vehicle that I am getting confused! Does the UK variant of the EV6 have sequential indicators? If so, is it standard on certain models and not on others? Is it configurable in a user setting somewhere in the control system?
Yes they do. They are just in. On emergency flashers, however, they are not. You can configure to flash, say, 3 times when you quickly flick the lever to indicate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Was somewhat dissapointed to discover the 'Earth' spec here in Ireland, which is actually closer to the GT Line in the UK, only has 'normal' indicators and not the sequential ones, so it does seem to depend on spec level, it's not standard across the range.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Habu and @kdouglas thanks for your response. I am trying to decide between another I-Pace or ordering an EV6 GTLS AWD with Heat Pump. The I-Pace has been a very good car and unusually for JLR, extremely reliable with good OTA updates. However, I think it is going to come down to final purchase price that will be the deciding factor, and in that respect, the EV6 wins by almost £20,000 for similarly specced vehicles! I am trying to see where the additional costs come from. The only thing that JLR offer over and above KIA is the tracker, but that isn't worth £2,000 let alone £20,000!!! It is quite simple to purchase and fit a 3rd party tracker if you think it necessary, I don't in this remote corner of the country!!!

Anyway, I shall be ordering an EV6 in early January (I don't want a new car until May or June). Decision made!!

Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Registered
64 Posts
What does the tracker offer? If its just GPS location, you can check the EV6 current location from the kia connect app

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the tracker offer? If its just GPS location, you can check the EV6 current location from the kia connect app
It is a security system. The vehicle alarm system is linked to a manned control room. If the vehicle detects it has been tampered with, it notifies the control room who log on to the vehicle's GPS and bring up a map of the location. If the vehicle moves, it is tracked and the control room operators notify the owner and the police. They have the ability to provide the police with a live feed of vehicle's location and a track of its route for them to follow up.

Sounds good on paper until the vehicle is driven into a 20' container at which point the signal is blocked and all you know is where the container is/was! It is only effective against kids and joyriders. Serious OCG's laugh it off. With police response nationally being what it is, through no fault of their own, you are lucky to find out any information about the car for days let alone the instant response suggested. I had a response once when I tried to get into my car when the key wasn't present (I'd left it in the house!). Nice phone call, couple of security questions and that was that. Like they say, locks and alarms are only effective against honest folk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts