Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been offered by my Kia dealership a service plan for my EV6 at £872.87 to include 2 Mot's, the 20,000 & 40,000 services plus a 12 Month Vehicle Inspection.
This seems a bit expensive on first glance.
What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks for your time Alan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds expensive, when I was collecting car yesterday was quoted £307 for the two services. Didnt include anything else, but MOT can vary around the £50 mark currently.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Hi, I've been offered by my Kia dealership a service plan for my EV6 at £872.87 to include 2 Mot's, the 20,000 & 40,000 services plus a 12 Month Vehicle Inspection.
This seems a bit expensive on first glance.
What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks for your time Alan
This must be a unique thing to your dealer as Kia are still yet to offer any service plans on the EV6 cars.

As for the price, it's a difficult one as it seems to be a very difficult subject to discuss with the dealers as Kia do not seem to be very forward with costs.

i assume if they are saying two MOT's then that's a 5 year or 6 year plan.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Personally, I don't believe any Dealer Plan is worth purchasing. If you do, you are stuck with that dealer only. If you fall out with them or move location or just don't like the way they handle your vehicle, you're stuck. You've paid your money up front and are left with two choices. Walk away and abandon the plan, or suck it up and have the work done by an organisation you no longer wish to do business with! If you wait for a Kia deal to be offered for sale, you have the choice of any Kia dealer in the country, or even an independant so long as they use Kia service schedules and genuine Kia parts. I know which one I'll be choosing! 😃

Reactions: Bun

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
Shouldn't the 12 month check be November 2022?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
149 Posts
The only service other than "inspect" is replacing the cabin air filter every 16,000 miles for the first 48,000 miles. As long as you can check your own brake fluid and coolant levels, I'd not get a service plan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the inputs. As I said it did seem a bit on the expenses side.
And now I've had your feedback feeling it even more.
Ps do like the car so far though😁👍

·
Registered
71 Posts
2 MOTs = £110
Vehicle inspection= can often be got free
So that leaves £762 for two services.
That Kia dealership seems to think they’re servicing Bentleys!
Nissan charge £150 for a Leaf minor service and £250 for major - I can’t imagine the EV6 costing much more than that, it might be bigger but it’s still electric with not that much to check/replace.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
Also its not like it needs engine oil and filter replaced either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts