Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Telluride and 2022 KIA EV6 GT-Line First Edition
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are tutorial videos on the EV6 that show a setting to lock the charge cable when charging, but my menu looks different than the video. I assume they changed the software after the video was released. Can anyone give me instructions on how to set the charge plug so it automatically locks when charging?

·
Registered
58 Posts
See page 1-20 of the owner's manual. The default setting is locked "while charging". I found that out the hard way when I was charging at home for the first time and wanted to disconnect...pulled and pulled on the connector until I finally said, hey there must be something locking the connector so better look at the manual!

·
Registered
104 Posts
See page 1-20 of the owner's manual. The default setting is locked "while charging". I found that out the hard way when I was charging at home for the first time and wanted to disconnect...pulled and pulled on the connector until I finally said, hey there must be something locking the connector so better look at the manual!
I had been driving my current EV (and its "older sibling" before that) for four years before I realized that the charge port door is locked when the car is locked. No amount of pressing and tapping and punching could persuade the door to pop open. It turns out almost all my charging has been in my garage, or immediately after getting out of the car before locking it. Amazing what a little "RTFM" will do!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The charge cable is locked when charging and the car being locked.

But it unlocks when charging stops. Even with the car locked.

I have not found any setting to change this behaviour and I do not like it. I want it locked until I unlock the car.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Telluride and 2022 KIA EV6 GT-Line First Edition
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The charge cable is locked when charging and the car being locked.

But it unlocks when charging stops. Even with the car locked.

I have not found any setting to change this behaviour and I do not like it. I want it locked until I unlock the car.
That is what I have seen too. The video just shows settings that are not there, so maybe they removed them during one of the firmware updates.

Also interesting to note, they say parking break must be put on to charge, but mine charges without the parking break engaged.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never notived any "ECO Vehicle" so had to check and there is none.

But Setup -> EV -> Charging door! Two options and one is to keep plug locked when car is locked. Seems to work aswell.

Wonder when it will forget that setting and revert to previous behaviour since it has a tendency to do that with some of the options, like scheduled charging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts