Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what other "Canadians" are doing in trying to get an EV6. I have a deposit for one at a local dealership and have been told March/April 2023. Not a big deal as I don't "need" a new car, but wouldn't be upset if I could get one earlier, LOL. As the deposits are refundable, should I put down another deposit for one at another dealership in hopes of getting a car sooner? Not sure if some dealerships have priority over others or do you see all cars coming close to the same time.

·
Registered
GT-Line package 2 (initial 200) QC
54 Posts
Just wondering what other "Canadians" are doing in trying to get an EV6. I have a deposit for one at a local dealership and have been told March/April 2023. Not a big deal as I don't "need" a new car, but wouldn't be upset if I could get one earlier, LOL. As the deposits are refundable, should I put down another deposit for one at another dealership in hopes of getting a car sooner? Not sure if some dealerships have priority over others or do you see all cars coming close to the same time.
It will not make any difference if you make but multiple deposits because :
1- Reservations are handle by KIA Canada and the dealer volume will not influence your place in the line.
2- Because of one , I think you are not allow to have multiple deposit for the same house address / person

·
Registered
122 Posts
2- Because of one , I think you are not allow to have multiple deposit for the same house address / person
I heard this from a Kia salesperson that wasn't trying to sell me anything, so I'm going to believe it. Kia will flag people with multiple orders and you risk getting all the orders cancelled as a result. Apparently that was happening with the Telluride last year.

Another data point that likely confirms this. I had originally preordered with my dealer at the beginning of the year, before trim/pricing options were available. Basically I was signed up with a fully loaded model at the time, and was given an order number. When I finalized my order with the trim/colour that I wanted, they made a mistake and had to correct it. I was given a different order number as a result. I asked about that and how it works with the queue and the answer I got was that a) the order number does not represent a place in line, and b) Kia will see two orders for my name and address, with the more recent one having a note on it that states that the recent order will replace the original order. I was assured that this is how it is and that I did not lose my place in line, and I won't be flagged because I only want 1 car.

This leads me to believe that Kia Canada maintains a list of customers which is what defines your place in line. The orders are just addons to the customer file. The fact that my order number changes rather than them modifying an existing one is a little strange, but it could be a product of how their system was designed, e.g. they maintain a list of people VS a list of orders, so the order number does not matter at all.

I would love it if someone can chime in that knows all about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had two deposits at two different dealerships for approx a week. I just went in and canceled one of them because I wasn't happy with the markups. Hopefully my other deposit doesn't get cancelled!

I would be surprised if they did cancel though...what if I wanted to buy 2 cars? Maybe I have friends at both dealerships and didn't want to play favourites? How could Kia know that? Why would they care? If they have to close orders, then they likely aren't worried about demand. If it gets to production and then I decide to cancel (which I think a lot of people may likely do as more companies come out with options in the coming months), they know they are going to be able to move it to the next person or can open up orders again. Of course I have no expertise in this nor am I friends with any dealers so it is complete speculation on my part😆.

·
Registered
GT-Line package 2 (initial 200) QC
54 Posts
I had two deposits at two different dealerships for approx a week. I just went in and canceled one of them because I wasn't happy with the markups. Hopefully my other deposit doesn't get cancelled!

I would be surprised if they did cancel though...what if I wanted to buy 2 cars? Maybe I have friends at both dealerships and didn't want to play favourites? How could Kia know that? Why would they care? If they have to close orders, then they likely aren't worried about demand. If it gets to production and then I decide to cancel (which I think a lot of people may likely do as more companies come out with options in the coming months), they know they are going to be able to move it to the next person or can open up orders again. Of course I have no expertise in this nor am I friends with any dealers so it is complete speculation on my part😆.
I think this a new reservation system to allow more people to get a car. but I don’t know how it works once the dealer place the other in the system.

A few years back, each dealer had their own car lot and they sold them as they fit now it seems they don’t get a number of cars based on their sale performance. If a buyer cancel a reservation, the dealer cannot keep the car for selling it has to go to the next in global line and might travel the full country to his/her dealer…

This is my own interpretation of what I read on forums and heard on vlog. So feel free to think what makes more sense ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think this a new reservation system to allow more people to get a car. but I don’t know how it works once the dealer place the other in the system.

A few years back, each dealer had their own car lot and they sold them as they fit now it seems they don’t get a number of cars based on their sale performance. If a buyer cancel a reservation, the dealer cannot keep the car for selling it has to go to the next in global line and might travel the full country to his/her dealer…

This is my own interpretation of what I read on forums and heard on vlog. So feel free to think what makes more sense ;)
My understanding is that that is only for the initial 200 (or 300). Kia Canada wanted to make sure we all got our cars first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts