Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving with my wife today and passed the a dealership that had two matte gray EV6s. Alot of folks, me included , were thinking about how best to protect the paint. Given the cost of a full PPF. As anyone thought about giving the car a coat of protective gloss clear coat? It probably would cost the same, maybe less. The only thing that is giving it the matte finish is a matte clear coat. So, I am thinking unless you are in love with to matte. Make it a gloss steel gray. Any thoughts on that?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
You would loose the idea of the Matt finish by putting a Gloss clear coat over the car.

If you like the colour I get why you might do this but you would loose the look of the Matt finish.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You would loose the idea of the Matt finish by putting a Gloss clear coat over the car.

If you like the colour I get why you might do this but you would loose the look of the Matt finish.
I get that. I just keep hearing about people passing up on the matte finish EV6 in stock because of the care issues (hand washing, scratch and chip repair,etc) to order one of another color (and a glossy color at that)that may take many months to come in. So, I was curious if this may be another solution to get a car now that won't cause so much paint stress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts