Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently if I'm playing the radio it only shows the stations number not the name of the station on the preset button. Can that be changed? Also is there a way if you switch from Apple Car Play back to the radio it defaults to the last station it was on?

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Following. I noticed the same with the XM presets. Annoys me that it only gives the number, not the name. You have to be on the actual radio screen to see a small area towards the upper left that gives the name, but only for the station you’re on. Not the presets. My 2021 Santa Fe displayed the names on saved presets, don’t see why this shouldn't either.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT Line, Yacht Blue
11 Posts
I much prefer seeing the “album art” along with the artist & title, and the Sirius channel logo large enough to be easily seen. The oddly-designed three digit channel number display is a waste of screen space IMO.

Bottom pic is the display in my 2018 Jeep Renegade. The EV6 display feels like a step backward in this regard. I really hope this will be addressed in an update.

Audio equipment Font Gadget Technology Electronic device

Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Font

·
Registered
EV6 First Edition Steel Gray
22 Posts
If you use the right window (the arrow in the half circle on the right) and swipe up and down, the radio tab shows channel, artist, and song. I prefer that view to the full screen, although the rewind function isn't available there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the tip about getting into split screen mode. I am still learning! The channel & song info all shows in the full screen as well (the “no signal” is because I took the pic in the garage). My objection is using all that screen space for the funky neon tube things. Also, the preset buttons would be more useful with the channel name instead of the number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I much prefer seeing the “album art” along with the artist & title, and the Sirius channel logo large enough to be easily seen. The oddly-designed three digit channel number display is a waste of screen space IMO.

Bottom pic is the display in my 2018 Jeep Renegade. The EV6 display feels like a step backward in this regard. I really hope this will be addressed in an update.

View attachment 4672
View attachment 4671
I agree! I want to see album art too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Following.. We just picked up our GT Line Monday, and this is a HUGE step back from the optima (see pic below) we just traded in. Other oddities with the radio:

• If you press the radio button, it goes to AM / FM (Yes I have gotten around this with the mode button only having sirius and Phone)
  • no rewind option if the radio split-screen is on the right
  • no ability to put the stations in order that you like
  • Doesnt show artist / album / song when on main split screen
  • When you are on Android Auto, the space where there should be a split screen (To show sirius info for example) just has a stupid space wasting box that says android auto. So if you are listening to the radio while on android auto (and I assume Apple car play), you have no information about what is on the radio.

Kia needs to fix this! My 2019 optima should not be better than my 2022 GT line Ev6!!

Automotive design Communication Device Gadget Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you done any updates? The radio station screen is completely different after the May update. There is another long thread on here about how to do the update.
Thanks, Greg! I did the update and was really pleased with the changes to the radio display. I love seeing album art again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, this was part of the navigation update. I’m sorry that I don’t have a pic; I am traveling right now, w/o the car. I can post one after my trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts