Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting to see how the EV6 has better packaging than the Audi. Both windshields and A-pillars start at roughly the same spot, but the hood on EV6 is shorter, keeping the exterior dimensions smaller but the interior dimensions the same. Probably since the Audi is on the MLB platform which has been adapted from ICE to EV, unlike something like the MEB cars such as ID.4 where the hood is nice and short.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Car Tire

· Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
12 Posts
Agree. One of the reasons I went for the EV6 (which I've only had for 2 weeks...) was that it was built on a dedicated EV platform. I swapped from a BMW 5 series which in comparison has a ridiculously long bonnet/hood - makes it look old-fashioned in comparision to the EV6. I was a little worried the EV6 might be short on space, but so far all good. The BMW i4 apparently drives well, but so much wasted space up front and they didn't even manage to squeeze in a small frunk.

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Light RWD
14 Posts
Interesting to see how the EV6 has better packaging than the Audi. Both windshields and A-pillars start at roughly the same spot, but the hood on EV6 is shorter, keeping the exterior dimensions smaller but the interior dimensions the same. Probably since the Audi is on the MLB platform which has been adapted from ICE to EV, unlike something like the MEB cars such as ID.4 where the hood is nice and short.

View attachment 11459
Definitely agree with your points here. The hood on the EV6 is nice and short, but at the same time, the wheelbase is only 1” shorter on the EV6 when compared to the Audi. Even though these cars aren’t necessarily in the same class, it sure is interesting to see the benefits of a dedicated EV platform.

· Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Light RWD
14 Posts
Agree. One of the reasons I went for the EV6 (which I've only had for 2 weeks...) was that it was built on a dedicated EV platform. I swapped from a BMW 5 series which in comparison has a ridiculously long bonnet/hood - makes it look old-fashioned in comparision to the EV6. I was a little worried the EV6 might be short on space, but so far all good. The BMW i4 apparently drives well, but so much wasted space up front and they didn't even manage to squeeze in a small frunk.
Congrats on the EV6! I agree, the way BMW is going with building some of their EVs on ICE platforms seems like a mistake, at least to me. I’m sure it saves them money in the short-term, but as you said, it leads to compromises such as the wasted space up front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts