Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try and charge my EV6 at home with the provided "granny charger" it charges at half the speed compared to when I plug in the "granny charger" that came with my wife's Kia Soul EV?

Is there a setting I need to change on the "granny charger" that came with the EV6 or something?

Odd that her one would charge my EV6 in half the time no?

Registered
GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
When I try and charge my EV6 at home with the provided "granny charger" it charges at half the speed compared to when I plug in the "granny charger" that came with my wife's Kia Soul EV?

Is there a setting I need to change on the "granny charger" that came with the EV6 or something?

Odd that her one would charge my EV6 in half the time no?
There's usualy a button on the back of the charger brick to select the charging amperage. Each push of the button cycles through the available values - (10A max)

Hope this helps

John.

Registered
There's usualy a button on the back of the charger brick to select the charging amperage. Each push of the button cycles through the available values - (10A max)

Hope this helps

John.
yes, but you must hold it down until it flashes, then cycle through and hold it down to save it. It then remembers that setting. Maximum is 10 Amps to circa 2.2Kw which is about right for a 13amp plug as it's a continuous current.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.