Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to assign a smart key to a particular driver so that the seats, mirrors, etc., adjust to their settings when they get into the car with their assigned key?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Telluride and 2022 KIA EV6 GT-Line First Edition
64 Posts
No, those two buttons doesn’t change profiles. I know many people think that they do, but they don’t. They just change between two stored seat positions in the same profile.
Isn't that the original question? They asked about changing seats and that is what the buttons do. I have done it many times.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Isn't that the original question? They asked about changing seats and that is what the buttons do. I have done it many times.
"seats, mirrors, etc"

If you and your other driver like all the same settings and JUST need different seat/mirror positions, it's true that the two buttons should be enough.

Two things jump to mind: 1) you get a bunch of other options in a "profile" beyond just mirror and seat settings: ambient light, cruise control style, default modes, and so on. If your other driver likes dimmer lights and lower volumes and so on, you need profiles, not just the seat positions. 2) Since the EV6 doesn't have the "auto relaxation" seats, one workaround is to use seat position 1 as "driving position" and seat position 2 as "full recline" so you can get similar functionality. If you do this, you need to switch profiles so setting 1 is always right for the driver in question.

I agree it's annoying that they keys don't handle profile memory like BMW's "comfort access" keys have for like 15 years.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cnsheets said: “You have to set and change profiles in the infotainment instead.”, and you answered: “You can also press the 1 or 2 button on the drivers side door.”

I understood that as you suggested that you could change profile with the 1 and 2 buttons, and I still do.

Now you are saying that you didn’t, so fine - basically (y).

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"seats, mirrors, etc"

If you and your other driver like all the same settings and JUST need different seat/mirror positions, it's true that the two buttons should be enough.

Two things jump to mind: 1) you get a bunch of other options in a "profile" beyond just mirror and seat settings: ambient light, cruise control style, default modes, and so on. If your other driver likes dimmer lights and lower volumes and so on, you need profiles, not just the seat positions. 2) Since the EV6 doesn't have the "auto relaxation" seats, one workaround is to use seat position 1 as "driving position" and seat position 2 as "full recline" so you can get similar functionality. If you do this, you need to switch profiles so setting 1 is always right for the driver in question.

I agree it's annoying that they keys don't handle profile memory like BMW's "comfort access" keys have for like 15 years.
My previous car was a BMW. When the lease ended I bought a cheap Subaru. After driving the Subaru for two years the two things I missed are BWM’s comfort access and ride quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts