Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving at 78mph along the edge of the Everglades in southern Florida; outside its 74 beautiful, somewhat dry (for Florida) degrees F. With the windows all down. After about ten minutes of loud 80's rock/pop, my Kia announces "Smart ventilation enabled". Hmm, my climate control is off. Trusty manual says "Smart ventilation (if equipped) -
The smart ventilation system maintains
pleasant/fresh air conditioning inside the
passenger compartment by automatically detecting/controlling the temperature and humidity level, when you drive
the vehicle with the climate control system in OFF position. When the smart
ventilation system starts to operate, the
message appears for approximately 5
seconds"

I do understand what the logic is trying to do. Except maybe the logic could check to see if any windows are open and, if so, not turn on climate control.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So driving at 78mph along the edge of the Everglades in southern Florida; outside its 74 beautiful, somewhat dry (for Florida) degrees F. With the windows all down. After about ten minutes of loud 80's rock/pop, my Kia announces "Smart ventilation enabled". Hmm, my climate control is off. Trusty manual says "Smart ventilation (if equipped) -
The smart ventilation system maintains
pleasant/fresh air conditioning inside the
passenger compartment by automatically detecting/controlling the temperature and humidity level, when you drive
the vehicle with the climate control system in OFF position. When the smart
ventilation system starts to operate, the
message appears for approximately 5
seconds"

I do understand what the logic is trying to do. Except maybe the logic could check to see if any windows are open and, if so, not turn on climate control.
In the "settings" for the vehicle is there an option to turn "smart ventilation" off ?......I sure hope so!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes there is.
I couldn't find it in the settings. However there is a "kill" procedure, described in the manual, that appears to apply to the current Smart Ventilation session:
"The smart ventilation system stops
when:
  • OFF button is selected.
  • Any of the buttons of the climate control is selected for operation."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi James, im in Boca and happened to be in the everglades this last weekend. I too noticed it turned on every now and then, I am guessing its due to how humid our air is down here. Other times its turned on is when I am leaving my parking garage or driving past the dump, or as we call it, our mountains in florida lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi James, im in Boca and happened to be in the everglades this last weekend. I too noticed it turned on every now and then, I am guessing its due to how humid our air is down here. Other times its turned on is when I am leaving my parking garage or driving past the dump, or as we call it, our mountains in florida lol
Yes, my infamous photograph of my EV6 was taken atop Vista View Park a/k/a Trash Mountain in Davie. BTW, my car does like to fly on Hwy 27 on down to Krome Avenue. Beautiful drive with the windows down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts