Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I understand that (for AWD cars) Eco mode equals RWD and Normal may be a combination of either depending on various factors and Sport definitely equals AWD but what happens in Snow mode? Is the car in AWD but with a less aggressive throttle and more traction control?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
I understand that (for AWD cars) Eco mode equals RWD and Normal may be a combination of either depending on versions factors and Sport definitely equals AWD but what happens in Snow mode? Is the car in AWD but with a less aggressive throttle and more traction control?
@Habu, the answer is Yes. When in snow mode, it will limit "throttle" (since these are electric and have no throttle. LOL) response mapping to allow for slower take off as well as probably giving a more even split of power front to back of 50/50.

Piggybacking a related question - if an AWD is in Eco mode, I’m assuming it engages the front motor if required due to traction issues?
@WBF25, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

So, in ECO, it would power the front in either a traction loss OR under floored acceleration probably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts