Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we gonna get any new information on the GT because I’m trying to make a purchase and Kia is making it extremely hard between a model Y performance and then EV6 GT when they literally do not give any information at all on the vehicle or release date.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dealers I've spoke with have hinted at Orders opening up late Q2 or Q3 with deliveries Q4. Pricing is the big question as the performance they hint at (at least 1/4 mile) puts it leagues above the Mach-E GT which I would assume they'd price it competitively with. With that performance being quite a bit better I'd assume they could theoretically price it in line with the GT performance edition which is just under 70k optioned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We can do some speculation here.
In the UK, at GT-line is 52,000 pounds and our GT-line in the US is 56,000 dollars. So 4,000 more.
If this holds close to true, the UK GT is priced at 58,000 pounds our GT might be around 63,000 dollars.

In the UK though, it is decontented. I believe it has no sunroof, vented seats, or electric seat adjustment. Like the Veloster N, it isn't just faster, it is missing a few creature comforts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealers I've spoke with have hinted at Orders opening up late Q2 or Q3 with deliveries Q4. Pricing is the big question as the performance they hint at (at least 1/4 mile) puts it leagues above the Mach-E GT which I would assume they'd price it competitively with. With that performance being quite a bit better I'd assume they could theoretically price it in line with the GT performance edition which is just under 70k optioned out.
What quarter miles have they genuinely hinted at I haven’t seen anything except the one video

·
Registered
119 Posts
What quarter miles have they genuinely hinted at I haven’t seen anything except the one video
That's what's been hinted at. It shows a loss by roughly one car length to a McLaren 570s which runs 10.7 in the 1/4. The Mach-E GT runs 12.4 with only a 5 second boost and I suspect the EV6 GT will have the 10 second boost similar to the GV60. Seems quite reasonable to assume it will be running a low 11 second 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what's been hinted at. It shows a loss by roughly one car length to a McLaren 570s which runs 10.7 in the 1/4. The Mach-E GT runs 12.4 with only a 5 second boost and I suspect the EV6 GT will have the 10 second boost similar to the GV60. Seems quite reasonable to assume it will be running a low 11 second 1/4 mile.
More info on the GV60 please?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have placed a preorder with @MurlinatoR for the GT model. He though the pricing would be in the 65-68K range before rebate and that he thought the order book would open in q2-q3 of this year with availability in late q4 to early 2023. He also thought that it would likely be offered in GT 1 and GT 2 trim whatever that might entail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have placed a preorder with @MurlinatoR for the GT model. He though the pricing would be in the 65-68K range before rebate and that he thought the order book would open in q2-q3 of this year with availability in late q4 to early 2023. He also thought that it would likely be offered in GT 1 and GT 2 trim whatever that might entail.
I want to make a preorder wtf…

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is correct. Preorder is the place holder for the actual order process. It simply establishes a line for the line. Apologize for any misconception. The whole terminology there is nonspecific and a bit nebulous to me. As I think Jason mentioned elsewhere, no 2023 orders will be taken at all for anything (GT or otherwise) until the 2022 book is closed

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is correct. Preorder is the place holder for the actual order process. It simply establishes a line for the line. Apologize for any misconception. The whole terminology there is nonspecific and a bit nebulous to me. As I think Jason mentioned elsewhere, no 2023 orders will be taken at all for anything (GT or otherwise) until the 2022 book is closed
Lol I just want the very first GT that rolls into a dealer.l to my spec (color etc) .
I got a 21 Seltos SX ready to be traded in and everything first GT is mine on FL

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So… is it 429 hp and 446tq or is it

479”+” hp and 523 torque.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have put down a pre-order or what it now should be called on a GT. I have chosen color and some equipment, but not payed any down payment yet. The priced i got quoted is fixed and is about 6000$ more than GTline but GT include sunroof which was a 1500$ option on GTline.
I was told in january that production of the GT would start in october, expected registrations in Sweden around end of the year or beginning of 2023. I guess the can be delayed as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have put down a pre-order or what it now should be called on a GT. I have chosen color and some equipment, but not payed any down payment yet. The priced i got quoted is fixed and is about 6000$ more than GTline but GT include sunroof which was a 1500$ option on GTline.
I was told in january that production of the GT would start in october, expected registrations in Sweden around end of the year or beginning of 2023. I guess the can be delayed as well.
Oof another year is a tough wait .

thank you though for info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts