Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My software has reverted back to version 20210719 today!!

Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Software

I went for a drive today and all was going well. Stop/start traffic gave me 3.8mi/kWh, which is great, and I was enjoying the whole experience. But then I tried to change my radio station and all my favourites had disappeared.

When I got home I started to have a look at the settings and my profile picture had disappeared, as had my partner's, and apparently there isn't one on the Kia Connect app, even though there is on our phones. My app seems to still be linked to the car, as it can pull its status, but the car doesn't seem to be able to read the app any more.

All the settings seems to have reset themselves to defaults, but it still has accumulated drive info (from reset and last recharge as well as the drive I just did). But checking on the app shows bizarre figures

I've installed the December update this evening, and it seems alright now, but I'm wondering if it will just revert again.

Anybody else suffered from this issue?

·
Registered
534 Posts
similar... I thought it might just be bugs in the Jan 2022 version but our profiles partly reset. I had to delete mine, re link to the app and then restore my settings from the back up I'd taken in the App.... take a back up! It saved much time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, on the one hand I'm glad it's not just me, but on the other this could be an issue at some point if it becomes a regular occurrence.

I did have a backup of my profile, but I think I'd made a few changes since. I'll go through all the Settings again and make sure it's as I want it then backup my profile and get the missus to back up hers as well.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
There was issues with the Jan 2022 update but to revert back it would have had to be done over the air if you were not at a dealer so perhaps the update turning on over the air updates allowed Kia to revert the update back, check to see if you have no lost the over the air update function that was added on the Jan 2022 update.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My software has reverted back to version 20210719 today!!

I went for a drive today and all was going well. Stop/start traffic gave me 3.8mi/kWh, which is great, and I was enjoying the whole experience. But then I tried to change my radio station and all my favourites had disappeared.

When I got home I started to have a look at the settings and my profile picture had disappeared, as had my partner's, and apparently there isn't one on the Kia Connect app, even though there is on our phones. My app seems to still be linked to the car, as it can pull its status, but the car doesn't seem to be able to read the app any more.

All the settings seems to have reset themselves to defaults, but it still has accumulated drive info (from reset and last recharge as well as the drive I just did). But checking on the app shows bizarre figures

I've installed the December update this evening, and it seems alright now, but I'm wondering if it will just revert again.

Anybody else suffered from this issue?
Interesting. That's the exact same version mine was shipped with so it looks like it's kept a backup of that somewhere on the system so that it can revert to it if needbe. I'm on the december update and will repost when i check tomorrow that it's still on it!
I know that the Jan update was pulled so like JK-KIAEV6 said, given that Kia are currently testing OTA updates it looks to me as if they've sent out a general update forcing anyone on the Jan update to revert back to "factory default". I wouldn't necessarily worry but thanks for letting us all know it's very interesting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was issues with the Jan 2022 update but to revert back it would have had to be done over the air if you were not at a dealer so perhaps the update turning on over the air updates allowed Kia to revert the update back, check to see if you have no lost the over the air update function that was added on the Jan 2022 update.
I never installed the January update. When I picked my car up on the 14th of January I checked the dealer had installed the latest update and it had the 20211214 update in place. I didn't race to install January's, as my car was working well. Before I could consider it then it had been withdrawn.

The software went back to the initial July build, but my car was built in October, so should have left the factory with a later version of software installed.

I'm guessing the 20210719 build is the base version, and must sit in the background as a default. But I cannot tell you why my car lost its updates and went back to the base version.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I never installed the January update. When I picked my car up on the 14th of January I checked the dealer had installed the latest update and it had the 20211214 update in place. I didn't race to install January's, as my car was working well. Before I could consider it then it had been withdrawn.

The software went back to the initial July build, but my car was built in October, so should have left the factory with a later version of software installed.

I'm guessing the 20210719 build is the base version, and must sit in the background as a default. But I cannot tell you why my car lost its updates and went back to the base version.
ok i just checked my car and the december update is still on there.

here's one thing though - did you actually see the december update reflected in the software version on the car? Reason i say this is because when you update you have to hit the update button a couple of times before it seems to actually apply the update, even though the car has just spent an hour or so "updating". So iirc when i did the update it spent an hour updating after hitting update (the general update, not quick - don't know what a quick update does) but when it flipped back to the screen it still read july '21. So i was like....what?...i just ran the update. You then hit update AGAIN, and 30 mins later or so it finished that update and ONLY THEN showed the dec update in the version number on the screen. The only reason i say this is because if you ran the big update then didn't check the version number it could be that you THOUGHT you'd updated it but actually (whatever that large initial update was) it hadn't actually updated the car's software. Only, and i'm guessing here, maybe the map? I don't know as the updater isn't verbose enough to tell you what's actually going on it's just a case of keeping hitting that update button until it thinks it's done.
And to be honest maybe i'm doing it wrong but the update notes don't tell you much.

You probably did check but this is all i could think of. I ran the dec update days ago and it's still on there matey so good luck trying again i guess?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitely saw the December update. I'd told my dealer to make sure all updates were in place and then checked when we sat in the car for the handover.

I'm not too worried. The car continued to work and drive safely when it reset, it was just icons had moved, options changed, and my radio stations disappeared. It's just a concern if any computer system decides to reset by itself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ok i just checked my car and the december update is still on there.

here's one thing though - did you actually see the december update reflected in the software version on the car? Reason i say this is because when you update you have to hit the update button a couple of times before it seems to actually apply the update, even though the car has just spent an hour or so "updating". So iirc when i did the update it spent an hour updating after hitting update (the general update, not quick - don't know what a quick update does) but when it flipped back to the screen it still read july '21. So i was like....what?...i just ran the update. You then hit update AGAIN, and 30 mins later or so it finished that update and ONLY THEN showed the dec update in the version number on the screen. The only reason i say this is because if you ran the big update then didn't check the version number it could be that you THOUGHT you'd updated it but actually (whatever that large initial update was) it hadn't actually updated the car's software. Only, and i'm guessing here, maybe the map? I don't know as the updater isn't verbose enough to tell you what's actually going on it's just a case of keeping hitting that update button until it thinks it's done.
And to be honest maybe i'm doing it wrong but the update notes don't tell you much.

You probably did check but this is all i could think of. I ran the dec update days ago and it's still on there matey so good luck trying again i guess?
The “Quick” option applies the same update but you can’t fiddle around with the infotainment system while it’s updating - a good trade off for me.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
Mine is still on the Jan version... even though our profiles reset. Perhaps OTA updates don't work properly yet. :rolleyes:
Maybe, until one happens were not going to know and even then you may not know its happened.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The “Quick” option applies the same update but you can’t fiddle around with the infotainment system while it’s updating - a good trade off for me.
oh, right, yeah works for me. So the quick update doesn't miss anything out then, it just locks you out of the system in the meantime. Yeah, i'm fine with that if that's the case then..

·
Registered
2 Posts
My profile vanished today. However the KIA Connect seems to still receive some limited updates, like range and battery level, but the remote functions are not working and when trying to link the "KIA Connect account" with the profile, is also refused, because of an apparently lack of connectivity, which is not the case, there is 5G and 4G good coverage for the car.

I have the December update, but I will verify if it was downgraded somehow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My profile vanished today. However the KIA Connect seems to still receive some limited updates, like range and battery level, but the remote functions are not working and when trying to link the "KIA Connect account" with the profile, is also refused, because of an apparently lack of connectivity, which is not the case, there is 5G and 4G good coverage for the car.

I have the December update, but I will verify if it was downgraded somehow.
Update: I checked the version and it's still on the December version. In the meantime all the remote services resumed. I still do not know why my profile vanished...

Also, there was a big cyberattack on one of the mobile operators in Portugal, that coincidentally was at the same time the remote functions stopped working. One of my friends with an EV6 also had the remote functions malfunction at the same time. So, or this was a problem with KIA servers or it was related with the problems Vodafone Portugal had that cut off millions of customers. Just speculating.

·
Registered
GT-LINE Package 2 (Initial 200)
26 Posts
Update: I checked the version and it's still on the December version. In the meantime all the remote services resumed. I still do not know why my profile vanished...

Also, there was a big cyberattack on one of the mobile operators in Portugal, that coincidentally was at the same time the remote functions stopped working. One of my friends with an EV6 also had the remote functions malfunction at the same time. So, or this was a problem with KIA servers or it was related with the problems Vodafone Portugal had that cut off millions of customers. Just speculating.
I live in Canada and received my EV6 in March. Remote Services has stopped working. WhenI attempt to perform a function, I geta message that services have been temporarily disabled and will be reactivated after started the vehicle. Well, that does not happen. I have spent over an hour talking with their tech support to no avail. Has anybody had this problem resolved? Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts