Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated the navigation software on my EV6 about 10 days ago because I didn't have anything on my car regarding changing the map background colour, it was only a black background and according to all the info I should be able to select various colours of "Coffee" mine was just black. The software update didn't make any difference. I phoned Kia technical assistance (00800 0825 0868) and spoke to a young lady who said there is another update in about a week, so I waited 10 days and no other update appeared. Today I rang again and was asked "What Model have you got" I replied EV6 Air, No I mean what model is on the screen with the software version. ( settings....General)
I told him it was CV AE S5BLC.AEU He said this is the wrong model for the software version CV_S5W.L.001.001.211214
The model that is compatible with this software is CV AS S5BLC.AEU (AE as opposed to AS) He also said having this wrong model against software version can cause hardware problems. He advised me to load the original software, which I now haven't got !!
Anybody out there got the new CV. S5W.L.001.001.211214 software with model version CV AE S5BLC.AEU
Nowhere on the KIA software version chart, online have I seen any info about software version against model version.
Sorry its long winded but its difficult to explain.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The software updater in the infotainment system should check the software upgrade if it's compatible or not and let you know.

If they have managed to not do any such checks I'd be surprised. And if it breaks (bricks) the infotainment system I'd be very unhappy and demand a new one.

(But a replacement part could be months away even if they accepted a warranty repair :=)

Gotta check my verson to be sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply tohmasez,
can you let me know what your software version and your "Model" version is when you've checked. Also, are you able to change map background colour.
Thanks Roychip

·
Registered
Nov 21 EV6 GT Line RWD in yacht blue.
21 Posts
I updated the navigation software on my EV6 about 10 days ago because I didn't have anything on my car regarding changing the map background colour, it was only a black background and according to all the info I should be able to select various colours of "Coffee" mine was just black. The software update didn't make any difference. I phoned Kia technical assistance (00800 0825 0868) and spoke to a young lady who said there is another update in about a week, so I waited 10 days and no other update appeared. Today I rang again and was asked "What Model have you got" I replied EV6 Air, No I mean what model is on the screen with the software version. ( settings....General)
I told him it was CV AE S5BLC.AEU He said this is the wrong model for the software version CV_S5W.L.001.001.211214
The model that is compatible with this software is CV AS S5BLC.AEU (AE as opposed to AS) He also said having this wrong model against software version can cause hardware problems. He advised me to load the original software, which I now haven't got !!
Anybody out there got the new CV. S5W.L.001.001.211214 software with model version CV AE S5BLC.AEU
Nowhere on the KIA software version chart, online have I seen any info about software version against model version.
This is my version info below and I'm on the same version as you. I'm reasonable certain that the system version doesn't change with the updates we can do anyway.

Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
Nov 21 EV6 GT Line RWD in yacht blue.
21 Posts
There is a newer version of the infotainment software and the App available to download, even though the former is not shown on the Notification page.

View attachment 1951
Yep, I have the latest (Jan) version and the most recent app version available on Android. Waiting to catch up with the Apple version.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It seems to me that you have the wrong software version. For system model CV AS S5BLC.AEU (EV6 model) you should have CV1_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211214

·
Registered
165 Posts
App version 2.1.3
Infotainment: CV1_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211117
Navigation: Unknown
System model name: Unknown

All this according to the app. I guess I have turned off some kia connect features/calls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has anybody actually got the ability to change background colour of the map screen to one of the "coffee" colours, stated in the online navigation manual ?
If you have can you let me know your software version ie CV_S5W.L.001.001.211214 and model number
ie CV AE.S5BLC.AEU I'd love to know if it actually exists.
Thanks
Roychip

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anybody actually got the ability to change background colour of the map screen to one of the "coffee" colours, stated in the online navigation manual ?
If you have can you let me know your software version ie CV_S5W.L.001.001.211214 and model number
Thanks
Roychip
I think you have to set the background to white instead of black in the settings menu, then whatever map colour you choose should display. However I don't like the white background at all!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks I1m
Just tried that, I agree, I don't like the white screen. Also I couldn't see any setting to change the colour even after changing to white, if you have that option please let me know how you get it. My car is going into the main dealer on 22nd Feb. to check software etc. as they couldn't find the colour map change on mine either. They said they get the software updates earlier than general release, so maybe they will have a better version than mine. Thanks for your help.
Roychip.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks
Roychip
I just get black or white.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts