Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a solution to make the car stay in ipedal mode when you turn the car off and back on again? Every time I turn the car off and back on it goes into level 3 regen mode instead of ipedal, which was the last mode it was in. I have to engage ipedal every time on the startup. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
No. I've already said something to my dealer to request a feature (software) enhancement for the future. They are collecting my feedback to give to Kia. i-Pedal is one of them. Driving mode is another. Lock out the seat/steering wheel heat/cooling buttons is another. I'm sure I've given them more, but those are three off the top of my head.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
About 20% of the time, iPedal will not engage manually. This is a serious bug, in fact a safety hazard. My dealer has reported it to Kia, asking for full-time iPedal in the next software release. Keep on reporting this bug.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow. Mine just isn’t engaged when I turn the car on. Once I engage it will stay on till I take it out or turn the car off. I did tell Kia about that part but I’ll keep my eye out on that issue. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
@ jrfeimst2
I may have been overly pessimistic at 20% malfunction but setting iPedal definitely does not work reliably for me. On the other hand, it has never worked when my wife is driving. Once she engages her driver profile and starts driving, when she pulls the paddle switch it goes to level 4 but drops back to level 3 as soon as she releases the paddle. The word "iPedal" does not appear even momentarily. She thinks it is a feature of the driver profile but I've seen no indication that that is true. At any rate, this is a major bug.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That’s really weird. I’ve only had my EV6 for a few days but have never had a problem engaging i-Pedal. The car starts at level 3 and once I start driving I tap the left switch behind the steering wheel and it changed to i-Pedal.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
@ robby-d
Thanks for the link to the Kia support site. I have submitted the i-Pedal issue there along with the poor alignment of the headlights (another forum topic).
@ Tim W
I'm curious what your issues are with Driving Mode and the climate control buttons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Climate control… it’s actually the buttons on the center console for heating/cooling seat and steering wheel. I end up brushing them when reaching for the climate controls and changing the setting or turning something on. They are just too sensitive.

The climate and nav buttons… are OK. But requires driver to take too much attention off the road to manipulate. I haven’t experimented to see if any of this is voice controlled.

·
Registered
496 Posts
@ jrfeimst2
I may have been overly pessimistic at 20% malfunction but setting iPedal definitely does not work reliably for me. On the other hand, it has never worked when my wife is driving. Once she engages her driver profile and starts driving, when she pulls the paddle switch it goes to level 4 but drops back to level 3 as soon as she releases the paddle. The word "iPedal" does not appear even momentarily. She thinks it is a feature of the driver profile but I've seen no indication that that is true. At any rate, this is a major bug.
Wait--in your EV6 it actually shows/says "Level 4"? When I flick the paddles it goes 0/1/2/3/i-Pedal; I've never seen a "4" show up. In any case it sounds like a bug if you can engage i-Pedal at least some of the time yet it doesn't engage if using a different driver profile.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
Oops, my bad. When I pull on the paddle switch, IF it does not go into i-Pedal as it should, it says "MAX" and then drops back to level 3. This is the expected behavior if the battery is charged to 100% because there is no place for regen power to go, but it should work normally after one has driven a few miles to free up some battery space. It happened several times today with the battery at about 70%, then started working correctly, then misfired again after another stop. That's a bug. We have an appt with Kia tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
183 Posts
No. I've already said something to my dealer to request a feature (software) enhancement for the future. They are collecting my feedback to give to Kia. i-Pedal is one of them. Driving mode is another. Lock out the seat/steering wheel heat/cooling buttons is another. I'm sure I've given them more, but those are three off the top of my head.
yeah, you would think since they have profiles now in the OS, they could save this setting.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
Hope they can figure out what the deal is with your i-Pedal issue; I'd be a bit miffed too if it misbehaved that way...
Just back from the Kia dealer. i-Pedal worked perfectly on the way over and for the technician and again for me going home. Maybe it will remain perfect, but . . . . Typical -- you get an appt with your doctor because you have a pain in your side, you can almost count of it being better by the time the doctor sees you. Intermittent problems are the worst.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Just back from the Kia dealer. i-Pedal worked perfectly on the way over and for the technician and again for me going home. Maybe it will remain perfect, but . . . . Typical -- you get an appt with your doctor because you have a pain in your side, you can almost count of it being better by the time the doctor sees you. Intermittent problems are the worst.
When I was reading your description of the issue I was thinking that you should try using your wife's profile to rule out it being a problem with your wife ;) I've noticed that every now and then I hold the left paddle too long or something and it doesn't engage iPedal. It also doesn't engage if you're still in P - you have to move it to D first.

·
Registered
EV6 wind 2022
18 Posts
If I tried to engage my wife's profile setting it would jam my knees up behind the steering wheel and I could not move!!

Yes, one must be in Drive to engage i-Pedal and I'm pretty sure one has to be moving at least 4-5 mph. At least it has never worked for me if I'm in D but not moving at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts