Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't entirely happy with my Mach-e. On a whim I decided to check out our local Kia dealership this last weekend. We have purchased several cars from this dealership in the past, including a Niro EV in the last few months for the spouse. I asked if they had any GT-Line vehicles. They said yes, showed me this car. They had a small markup, and I was surprised how small it was given the Mach-e markups.

It didn't dawn on me it was a First Edition until I sat in the car and saw the badge. 2 hours later I was minus a Mach-e premium and had my EV6. When I purchased my Mach-e awd/extended range premium, on the way home I never went wow, and was questioning if I had made the right choice in vehicles. The entire way home in the EV6, I was saying wow. The ride was much smoother, the HUD display is cool, it has actual real knobs for more than just the volume! The temp control is actually accessible without diving into a bunch of menus, and it drives much nimbler than the Mach-e does. I personally am also more of a fan of the EV6 styling and the smaller front compared to the Mach-e.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Camera accessory Camera lens Flash photography Automotive design Hood

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice car.

I assume the dealer informed you of the special care you need to take with the colour you have brought?

If not it is well covered on this site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they covered the special care in depth. No waxing, automatic car washes, have to be careful what towels I use. They didn’t offer any of the typical ‘protection packages’ because of the paint.

So far it appears that hosing down the car and using a safe cleaner is the best way to clean the car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You might check out Cilajet. It came with my Glacier off the lot so I didn't have a choice. But it doesn't get water spots like my other vehicle. Went through the car wash like I just did a wax job.

I bought the EV6 GT-Line because my ordered Mach e GTPE may never get here. Best decision I ever made. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Yes, they covered the special care in depth. No waxing, automatic car washes, have to be careful what towels I use. They didn’t offer any of the typical ‘protection packages’ because of the paint.

So far it appears that hosing down the car and using a safe cleaner is the best way to clean the car.
(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts

Welcome to the forum, nice car.

I assume the dealer informed you of the special care you need to take with the colour you have brought?

If not it is well covered on this site.
Get a Metro Master Blaster! You won't touch the vehicle at all when drying. I've been using it for years, saves time , no swirls, blows warm air. On your paint a must...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wasn't entirely happy with my Mach-e. On a whim I decided to check out our local Kia dealership this last weekend. We have purchased several cars from this dealership in the past, including a Niro EV in the last few months for the spouse. I asked if they had any GT-Line vehicles. They said yes, showed me this car. They had a small markup, and I was surprised how small it was given the Mach-e markups.

It didn't dawn on me it was a First Edition until I sat in the car and saw the badge. 2 hours later I was minus a Mach-e premium and had my EV6. When I purchased my Mach-e awd/extended range premium, on the way home I never went wow, and was questioning if I had made the right choice in vehicles. The entire way home in the EV6, I was saying wow. The ride was much smoother, the HUD display is cool, it has actual real knobs for more than just the volume! The temp control is actually accessible without diving into a bunch of menus, and it drives much nimbler than the Mach-e does. I personally am also more of a fan of the EV6 styling and the smaller front compared to the Mach-e.
View attachment 3340 View attachment 3341
C'mon now, can't you say something negative about the car just so those on the fence won't push the prices up more than they are now? 😜

I'm getting the Matte finish as well. I found this product online https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Beasleys-MPK-100-Matte-Prescription/dp/B005XZXEMS/ Curious how well it works, especially for that price. Really good reviews considering the price though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts