Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just emailed 18 Kia Dealerships within a 50 mile radius of me. Will see what response I get back regarding selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is only $700 difference between invoice and MSRP. Unfortunately, you will not see this car at MSRP. However; for the moment, in Boise, we're only $2,000 over MSRP. This is the best deal you'll find.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If you haven’t already check out my WINNER post.

but this just in:

Kia of Valencia has a Glacier FE due in on the 11th and confirmed MSRP and stated they do not markup any vehicles. Tell her Chris Sheets sent you.

Daisy Medina
Client Advisor, Kia of Valencia
24095 Creekside Rd Santa Clarita CA 91355

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carson Kia in California is a no-go on MSRP for FE reservations.

Just got the call from Ali at Carson Kia in Carson, CA letting me know my reserved white FE had arrived and wanting to know if I "still wanted it". Telling him yes, he wanted to know if I'd be financing, leasing or buying. Told him I'd be interested in there were any good finance or lease deals they were offering, but otherwise I'd just purchase it and would he send me the sticker so I could check it was what I had ordered.

He called back about an hour later (I had NOT received my requested window sticker, and still haven't) and said he wanted me to know there would be a market adjustment added. I said I was holding a letter from KIA Corporate requesting First Edition reservations be sold at MSRP. He said he didn't know of such a letter. I emailed it to him and added I knew several dealers who were honoring the MSRP request on reserved FE's including Van Nuys Kia. Got a call a little later. He said he read the letter but that is wasn't a requirement to sell at MSRP and the best he could do was a $7.500 market adjustment. Makes me think it might be even worse on non-FE EV6's. Told him I'd visit tomorrow and look at the car and then decide what I wanted to do. I intend to see what the Wind exterior & glossy black looks like with the green interior and hopefully take a test drive. I won't be saying No if I can't negotiate a better deal before my 10 days are up.

So, add another dealer to the screw-you list. BMW I4 is looking better.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Looks like you emailed all the same dealers I did. Even finding one that would let me test drive it was a challenge. Like you, just about every response I got was "LOL we're not doing MSRP, and you'll be lucky if we do $7,500 over MSRP plus $2,000 in paint protection".

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was it just a salesman you spoke to? Or a manager or director? I’d request to speak to one of them. Report it to corporate, although it may not do much, then let everyone you know on every social media platform you’re on.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
I don't think speaking to anyone above a sales person short of MAYBE the owner of the dealership is going to yield any different results. The toxic dealer culture is typically led from the top (of the franchise, not corporate). I'll definitely be leaving reviews though, but depending on the platform they can pay to have those "washed away" too.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Could you PM me contact info for Daisy at Kia Valencia? They don't list their staff's individual contact info on their site.
If you haven’t already check out my WINNER post.

but this just in:

Kia of Valencia has a Glacier FE due in on the 11th and confirmed MSRP and stated they do not markup any vehicles. Tell her Chris Sheets sent you.

Daisy Medina
Client Advisor, Kia of Valencia
24095 Creekside Rd Santa Clarita CA 91355

·
Registered
EV6 FE
35 Posts
Looks like you emailed all the same dealers I did. Even finding one that would let me test drive it was a challenge. Like you, just about every response I got was "LOL we're not doing MSRP, and you'll be lucky if we do $7,500 over MSRP plus $2,000 in paint protection".
I tried test driving one yesterday and the dealer wouldn't even let me take if off the lot without submitting a credit application to show that I was serious.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts