Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone figured out the split screen with Android Auto as I mean once I plug in the phone and AA kicks in the music stops and the split screen shows the battery charge or the map. I cannot figure out how to work this or to work just the map and split screen selection as it seems to change sometimes and I cannot change it back. Anybody???

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Thanks for posting and I knew how to do that but how do you play the radio while in android auto? It turns off the radio and cannot turn it on or the xm on. ;)
I have AA assigned to the Fav (star) button, also have AA settings to not resume media as soon as I plug in.

I just press the radio button, set the station, then press the Fav button to pull up the AA map on the primary screen and have the SXM view on the split screen. Swipe up/down on the split screen to change what's displayed there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have AA assigned to the Fav (star) button, also have AA settings to not resume media as soon as I plug in.

I just press the radio button, set the station, then press the Fav button to pull up the AA map on the primary screen and have the SXM view on the split screen. Swipe up/down on the split screen to change what's displayed there.
It did not work like that for me :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i did like you said and have the auto play media in AA to off and I have the xm radio on screen and plug in the AA and press the "mode" on the steering wheel as I could not seem to program "media" to the star favorite button and when i press the button the AA comes on main screen and the ev6 map is on the split screen and i can scrool through but cannot get the xm or radio to show up it is just media from AA. I know this description is probably a bit hard to understand.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Android Auto should specifically be a selectable option to program the star button for, media is not what you want, Android Auto is. It's possible your phone might need to be plugged in while doing it for it to be an available option.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AA is not an available option for either of the star buttons with Canadian firmware version. Anyone in Canada find a way to have android auto Waze + FM radio at the same time?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
AA is not an available option for either of the star buttons with Canadian firmware version. Anyone in Canada find a way to have android auto Waze + FM radio at the same time?
It’s under “phone projection” or “projection” and only available for the Touch Bar star button. The steering wheel one is quite limited in options.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I got it to work by just going into the home then android auto but no buttons will work and also it worked until suddenly the cable went bad i guess. I ordered the wireless adapter and will see if that works.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Hello, I'm trying to set AA and bluetooth audio to not play automatically after EV6 is started.

How do I get to those Android Auto settings? And do you know if I can also apply that to bluetooth audio and media?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts