Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind AWD W/Tech Package
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my first Kia, and I'm trying to get used to the steering wheel controls. On my car to turn volume up you press/hold up on the steering control. But the skip track forward you press down on that control. I really feel they installed that control upside down. is anyone else car like this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
there is another thread with this same topic - yes, it is backwards for many of us and I agree 100%. I don't know if this is a Europe vs US culture thing or what.... but some people on the forum are convinced this is the "right" way.

·
Registered
Glacier FE AWD
26 Posts
there is another thread with this same topic - yes, it is backwards for many of us and I agree 100%. I don't know if this is a Europe vs US culture thing or what.... but some people on the forum are convinced this is the "right" way.
Up, Forward and right have always been the same for me.
Down, backwards and left the same.

Could be a culture thing.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
71 Posts
Agreed. Maybe Kia did it to keep us talking about the car lol.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
I’m thinking it’s an age thing.
Most of us grew up with up for next track.
Definitely. Its like the y-axis invert in video games. I grew up with flight simulators, so push stick forward to pitch down is normal mode. A few years later, "y-axis inverted" was added so pushing the stick forward would pitch up. Nowadays what I think is inverted is the default, and I have to set "y-axis inverted" to get it back to push-stick-forward-pitches-down.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
I’m thinking it’s an age thing.
Most of us grew up with up for next track.

The logic for flipping it around comes from scrolling through “lists” rather than presets. So, “down” is the next item on the list.
OHHHHHH!!! That's why! I was wondering this same thing but didn't understand why it would be "backwards". I don't listen to playlists in the car, just radio stations, so pushing "up" has always meant "next station preset to the right" now I understand that it's like going "down the list of stations". This old dog just learned a new trick! 😄

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Down= lower
You go to the lower numbered station/song
This is actually a bit misleading though because the Infotainment organizes the stations by numerical order of the station, so "down" means increasing the station number (92.5 > 100.3 > 107.1), which is backwards, to me at least. I haven't seen an option to change the saved station presets order though (I had my radio presets memorized in my previous car and they were in order of my preference, so this has been an interesting relearning experience).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Definitely. Its like the y-axis invert in video games. I grew up with flight simulators, so push stick forward to pitch down is normal mode. A few years later, "y-axis inverted" was added so pushing the stick forward would pitch up. Nowadays what I think is inverted is the default, and I have to set "y-axis inverted" to get it back to push-stick-forward-pitches-down.
Also scrolling in a computer window inverted a while back. At first it felt backwards, but we adapted. Now old computers seem inverted. I think down = advance is more intuitive, but we learn to adapt either way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts