Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about removing the subwoofer when I get the EV6. I do not care about the music much anyway and rather want the boot space. Hopefully this will not trigger a bunch of error alarms...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Up-plug it and see what happens before you remove it. I guess it depends on what you need the space for.
Cabels, varoius other stoffer which always is in the car...All my cars until now have had this lower boot space and I love it, as the "normal" boot is then clean and empty without stuff flying around when driving 👍

And yes, good idea with unplugging first...

·
Registered
6 Posts
In many cars with an upgraded Soundsystem, the subwoofer in the trunk works as a "re amp", meaning, it has a amplifier in it more powerful than the amplifier ind the dashboard, witch means, it amplifies all the speakers in the car, so it could mean, you would not have any sound in the car at all.

You can Google this by googleling "re amp" and/or "retro fit subwoofers"

Maybe it would just be easier and more "safe" to try and order the car without the upgraded sound system?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In many cars with an upgraded Soundsystem, the subwoofer in the trunk works as a "re amp", meaning, it has a amplifier in it more powerful than the amplifier ind the dashboard, witch means, it amplifies all the speakers in the car, so it could mean, you would not have any sound in the car at all.

You can Google this by googleling "re amp" and/or "retro fit subwoofers"

Maybe it would just be easier and more "safe" to try and order the car without the upgraded sound system?
I already asked for this option, but it is not possible to order it without in the GT Line, so it will be something to fix afterwards.
I btw. also asked for lowering springs / lowered suspension, but KIA does not offer a solution for this and I have asked them how they will handle this in terms of warranty etc.. I guess it is new for KIA to have "Sporty" cars like EV6 and Stinger and with that these option requests follow...

As it is this for now the EV6 will be my first car for 20 years without lowered suspension :-(

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts