Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the suede used on the seats is genuine leather suede, or just "suede" material?

It's been very frustrating looking for a new car and finding that if you want the features of a higher-spec car, it is almost always dependent on having leather seats. I've been looking at the IONIQ 5, and the mid-range Premium trim I'd want still has cloth seats. But the mid-range EV6 GT Line (the model I'd go for) has the suede.

It seems odd that the bolsters, door panels and even steering wheel are labelled as Vegan Leather, but there's no detail on the suede bits.

(I would contact the dealer to ask, but past experience leads me to think that the people on here are probably better informed!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anyone know if the suede used on the seats is genuine leather suede, or just "suede" material?

It's been very frustrating looking for a new car and finding that if you want the features of a higher-spec car, it is almost always dependent on having leather seats. I've been looking at the IONIQ 5, and the mid-range Premium trim I'd want still has cloth seats. But the mid-range EV6 GT Line (the model I'd go for) has the suede.

It seems odd that the bolsters, door panels and even steering wheel are labelled as Vegan Leather, but there's no detail on the suede bits.

(I would contact the dealer to ask, but past experience leads me to think that the people on here are probably better informed!)
The 'suede' material is made from recycled plastic bottles.........so they are polyester. They felt fine to me. I'm not a lover of leather seats either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andy - exactly what I was hoping to hear! I think the EV6 may have just moved ahead of the IONIQ 5 on my list :)

It's good to see more car makers moving towards animal-free interiors (I know Tesla have been for a while)...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Andy - exactly what I was hoping to hear! I think the EV6 may have just moved ahead of the IONIQ 5 on my list :)

It's good to see more car makers moving towards animal-free interiors (I know Tesla have been for a while)...
The EV6 has a fully vegan interior and is one of the only cars to receive the Carbon Measured label from the Carbon Trust. If sustainability and cruelty free is high on your priority list then you literally cannot do better than the EV6 right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts