Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has made useful adjustments to the EV6 settings that would be worth sharing?

Two things that immediately spring to mind are adjustments to the Meridian sound system spectrum that have improved the sound quality (would be interested to know if there is a consensus); and enabling speed camera notifications?

There are probably many more that people might share?

Obviously I haven't got my hands on my car yet, such information would be handy for many owners I'm sure!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hopefully getting my GT line with meridian system on Friday and I will do acoustic measurements of stock and some sort of analysis of what happens when you adjust the controls spectrally. With that I'll have some settings you may be interested in. Btw I'm an audio systems engineer so I'm hoping that what I find out isn't too hard to fix. I've heard reviews that there is a midrange hole... We shall see.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hopefully getting my GT line with meridian system on Friday and I will do acoustic measurements of stock and some sort of analysis of what happens when you adjust the controls spectrally. With that I'll have some settings you may be interested in. Btw I'm an audio systems engineer so I'm hoping that what I find out isn't too hard to fix. I've heard reviews that there is a midrange hole... We shall see.
Looking forward to your test and solutions.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Set the front sensors to come on automatically at low speed, switch auto-hold to on (means that pressing off sets the hand brake and park - less buttons). Consider switching winter mode off now, gives better battery life.

Reactions: InspectorGadget

·
Registered
121 Posts
One of my favorite tweaks is setting custom tailgate height. Full height was too high for my garage door. I was bumping my head at the next setting. Now it is set just right!

Scroll down to Adjusting power tailgate opening height

I’ve been through most menus in the settings at least twice. There is a lot to unpack.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Listened to the system for the first time (just got the car). It is a bit disappointing. Bass is weak and overloads below 40 Hz. Clarity is quite good at the expense of being forward and shrill at times. Will get measurements over the weekend.
Yeah, looking forward to your findings for optimal settings to make the best of it after you finish your analysis!

·
Registered
354 Posts
1. Auto hold

Use it when driving generally.
Switch it off for tricky parking manoeuvres.

2. Regeneration

Use iPedal in town or when in queuing traffic.
Use Auto when on the open road.

3. HDA2

When using HDA2 on the motorway (Freeway?), keep just a little bit of tension on your steering wheel as if you were trying to turn off the centre line a wee bit. That will;

a. Make the lane tracking as smooth as butter (no excessive side to side oscillation).
b. Stop the annoying warnings to keep your hands on the wheel.

Just touching the steering wheel does not work well - the car reacts better to the (lack of) torque applied to the steering wheel.

4. Parking

Learn to use the 360 view if you have it. It’s incredibly helpful - this isn’t a small car and visibility isn’t fantastic.

5. Home Charging

When ordering a home charging point, go for the tethered cable option.

I appreciate these are tips rather than tweaks but perhaps a useful steer to people just starting out with an EV6.

·
Registered
537 Posts
One of my favorite tweaks is setting custom tailgate height. Full height was too high for my garage door. I was bumping my head at the next setting. Now it is set just right!

Scroll down to Adjusting power tailgate opening height

I’ve been through most menus in the settings at least twice. There is a lot to unpack.
This--at full opening height the tailgate barely avoids hitting my garage door (when garage door is in open position); I didn't want to take the chance that the tailgate might hit it if for whatever reason the vehicle bounced up and down (e.g, when loading/unloading stuff from the back) so I bumped it down a notch.

If you have a HUD, switch to standard. Don't use augmented reality
Why? Just curious, nothing more...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just touching the steering wheel does not work well - the car reacts better to the (lack of) torque applied to the steering wheel.
Just touching the wheel won't work at all....it's just looking for some resistance in the torque as you say.

Reactions: arnsbrae

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here are the EQ findings. This thing has a massive midbass hole. Here is how to fix it (RBJ coefficient PEQ's). See before and after frequency response with a target I cooked up. Sounds much better (implemented in my android phone with Poweramp EQ - amazing by the way).
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

Font Slope Technology Rectangle Number

Surround imaging sounds slightly more interesting than authentic to me but both are better with this EQ. Measurements performed with moving microphone technique (preferred method used to tune cars) with reference microphone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here are the EQ findings. This thing has a massive midbass hole. Here is how to fix it (RBJ coefficient PEQ's). See before and after frequency response with a target I cooked up. Sounds much better (implemented in my android phone with Poweramp EQ - amazing by the way). View attachment 3438
View attachment 3436

Surround imaging sounds slightly more interesting than authentic to me but both are better with this EQ. Measurements performed with moving microphone technique (preferred method used to tune cars) with reference microphone.
Maybe I'm dumb...

But how does this translate to the settings in the kia infotainment for EQ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I measured the response of the tone controls and approximated them in simulation. Here is how to simulate what changing the Bass = +3, Mid = -3, Highs = +3 looks like in terms of parametric filters
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Electric blue
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

And this is what the transfer function (blue, measured acoustically on/off) and a smoothed approximation of it (red) of the above noted tone control setting. Unfortunately the problem areas are much smaller in area and down line up with the frequencies that need changing too well. It would need to be about 10 band GEQ to do something useful...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts