Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Feel like it did not really highlight any of the main features that sets the EV6 apart. Don't think it was obvious that the dog was being charged by the car itself. Best case there is not a huge surge and the dealers are stuck with these overpriced cars with huge markups over the next week or two. Maybe then they will bring them back down to realistic prices.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Feel like it did not really highlight any of the main features that sets the EV6 apart. Don't think it was obvious that the dog was being charged by the car itself. Best case there is not a huge surge and the dealers are stuck with these overpriced cars with huge markups over the next week or two. Maybe then they will bring them back down to realistic prices.
I agree, it did not highlight the car the mechanical dog they highlighted.
I think Most people won’t even realize it was a Kia commercial
After the commercial was over I asked the people in the room what the commercial was about and they weren’t really sure. I didn’t Think it Really pull them in.

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
228 Posts
My sister saw it and wanted the dog :)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
It advertised the dog at $299 dollars.

Did not advertise the dealer markup price :unsure: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I work in the business. It's not always just the idea of the commercial, but the behavior it generates after the commercial has played. In this case, the behavior would be how many people jumped online to look further into the car because it might have been the first time they ever saw the vehicle.

KIA's "Robo Dog" spot was the top "Non-luxury" spot for Super Bowl night and second overall (across all brands that had spots airing during the Super Bowl) for Autotrader.com as it pushed a 900% increase in people looking up the EV6 and a 65% increase for KIA overall(brand searches). BMW was #3 after airing the "Zeus & Hera" spot.

How is this measured? % lift is calculated by comparing the hour after the ad ran versus the hour before the game. By the way, if you're wondering, the Polestar ad came in first with a 5.700% increase in searches for the Polestar 2 and a 1,231% increase for the brand itself.

On the KBB side Polestar was again the big winner and Kia was #2. Nissan's Ariya was # 3.

Overall 5 advertisers / 8 brands participated with ads on Super Bowl night. Of the 8 all were EV offerings. Toyota was the only brand with an ICE commercial. I think that clearly shows the writing on the wall for the future of ICE cars.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Kia is selling the Robodog NFT's. But I want the real thing.
Sony did offer a similar thing the Sony AIBO dog but it will cost you a some money to even get a second hand one that's fully working.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts