Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hello folks,

Annoyingly while doing a quick 3 point turn and not clocking the tree on the edge of the pavement I reversed into a tree, my fault, was in a hurry and the reversing sensors did beep but I didn't see the tree as it was in my blind spot while turning/reversing and BANG. So I now have a lovely cracked tail light (see pic) and wondered if anyone knows if this unit can be replaced independently from the rest of the boot, assume it should considering it must be a serviceable part if the light fails for example.

I'll ring a dealer to also see what they say but thought before doing that i'd reach out to you folks. I've got some clear adhesive, tape and some brake light repair tape to seal it from the weather/do a hacky repair job for now as i'm sure it won't be a quick job to replace.

Cheers
Sorry to here that, I don't have my car yet, but it should be available separately as it's attached to the boot lid, but supplies of parts from Kia may take a while judging others experiences, only lucky thing is it doesn't look to have damaged the paintwork.
I really hope you get the part quickly and it isn't too expensive, good luck.

Ian.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks both for the emotional support :D
Yeah doesn't seem to have done any panel damage, although have noticed the bottom right of the boot alignment is out a few mm so it must have gave the whole boot a good shunt but not really noticeable.

Have reached out to the KIA dealer and they are coming back to me, sounded like it's a replaceable part, will report back with details and cost for reference for other folks reversing into trees...
That will be interesting to know, on the boot alignment, I believe this can be adjusted, hopefully if only a few mm not to difficult to do for you, good luck, hoping for a speedy replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts