Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just ordered my EV6 and I should be getting it in the next few weeks. I was wondering if the Tesla home charger works for an EV6 as they are quite a bit cheaper than the ones available here in Iceland.
I´ve heard that they work if you start charging while the car is on and then you can power down.
Is this correct? Or should I just get something else??

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Tesla charger will work just likely other home charger :)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
I went with the Hypervolt charger as it offers so much more for similar price in the UK.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In the United States some electric companies give rebates for certain types of internet connected level 2 charges. Have you looked into that kind of rebate program in the UK?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
In the United States some electric companies give rebates for certain types of internet connected level 2 charges. Have you looked into that kind of rebate program in the UK?
The only luck we get in the UK I have found is some dealers with certain cars will offer you a charger or some financial payment of the charger.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi there, just ordered my EV6 and I should be getting it in the next few weeks. I was wondering if the Tesla home charger works for an EV6 as they are quite a bit cheaper than the ones available here in Iceland.
I´ve heard that they work if you start charging while the car is on and then you can power down.
Is this correct? Or should I just get something else??
Long as it's a Type 2 style for your area, yup, it will work. Otherwise you would need an adapter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts