Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
How does it help people that can't find the desired trim in 500 mile radius? Higher EV6 production number would really make a difference in the long run.
Yup.

And just another excuse for Kia dealer to continue with $20K markups. I will be back on the hunt for an EV6 in early April and hope to find one under $5K markup locally but given Tellurides are still marked up $10K here… I doubt it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm waiting for the full pricing and specs on the Genesis GV60 for the US market. I'm sure they won't have the digital mirrors like the UK version, but I'm liking the upscale feel of the interior!
I wanted to wait for the GV60 too, but one of our kids wrecked a car. Luckily there was an inbound unit and was able to buy it for MSRP.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanted to wait for the GV60 too, but one of our kids wrecked a car. Luckily there was an inbound unit and was able to buy it for MSRP.
wow, sorry to hear about the accident, hope all are okay!

I'm certainly not in the market yet (have a 2019 crosstrek plug-in hybrid with under 14k miles) so pending anything horrible, I'm good for 5 years. I always like shopping however, so I'm well prepped when I'm ready to buy. My wife's 2017 Rav4 hybrid would be replaced first so we're balancing a decision whether to go BEV. That car is normally the road trip car and we drive to Maine at least once a year (500+ miles) so we just need a break point midway to charge.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm waiting for the full pricing and specs on the Genesis GV60 for the US market. I'm sure they won't have the digital mirrors like the UK version, but I'm liking the upscale feel of the interior!
It very well could. We have a GM vehicle with the digital mirrors so I wouldn't rule out the Genesis. Hyundai still has the eagerness to please that Honda abandon back in the '70's.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
120 Posts
The 2023s will increase in number. Also, Genesis will offer a US-made GV70 all-electric version (in addition to the smaller GV60) that will have a pano roof and an actual rear wiper, lol.😂
For the low-low price of 70k probably. I can get a pretty loaded up GV70 for around $55k right now with the smaller engine...I'd probably get one but I don't wan to go back to an ICE vehicle. I'm sure the EV version will be 15-20k more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My side wing mirrors also have cameras and the images appear on my dash screens when the turn signal is activated.
Anything like this? I'm not sure if the US has come close to legalizing anything like that. I know the Ioniq 5 (and maybe the EV6) turns on a camera in the dash behind the steering wheel to show the blind spot. I don't know if actual screens like this will make it to the US. I love this interior though. I would go for this color!
Vehicle Gear shift Car Steering part Speedometer

·
Registered
385 Posts
Anything like this? I'm not sure if the US has come close to legalizing anything like that. I know the Ioniq 5 (and maybe the EV6) turns on a camera in the dash behind the steering wheel to show the blind spot. I don't know if actual screens like this will make it to the US. I love this interior though. I would go for this color!
View attachment 3579
Not a real big fan of those side mirror screens. I haven't seen any implemented that didn't look hacked in.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My side wing mirrors also have cameras and the images appear on my dash screens when the turn signal is activated.
Ok let me even clearer. It’ll replace the entire mirror housing with one camera. See below. It has screens near the A-pillars to display the image from the rear view wing cameras. The orange outlined area is the camera replacing the wing mirrors.

·
Registered
87 Posts

View attachment 3579
When I change lanes the camera comes on and the side view appears on the dash screen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts