Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like Tesla are having to do a recall but as Mr Musk says it's not really a recall but an over the air update.

It's not only Kia that has issues.

Now the difference between Kia and Tesla is there over the air updates work, this is what Kia really should have had available from launch, over the air updates that work.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Now the difference between Kia and Tesla is there over the air updates work, this is what Kia really should have had available from launch, over the air updates that work.
I'd love it if Kia did OTA. But it seems that Tesla is the only one really doing large scale OTA. Even $100k EVs aren't being updated OTA.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love it if Kia did OTA. But it seems that Tesla is the only one really doing large scale OTA. Even $100k EVs aren't being updated OTA.

Yes agree would make everyone's life's so much easier especially people who do not live local to a dealer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes...Nav and Infotainments updates are one thing...updates to the BMS, performance, pre conditioning, etc are something different.

Even Porsche and MB aren't pushing life-changing updates...and those folks spent $100k....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
So it looks like Tesla are having to do a recall but as Mr Musk says it's not really a recall but an over the air update.

It's not only Kia that has issues.

Yeah but I'm also not comfortable letting Mr. Musk know everything I do in my vehicle, including the how often the front passenger lumbar support is being used or how often the driver's seat is moved.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but I'm also not comfortable letting Mr. Musk know everything I do in my vehicle, including the how often the front passenger lumbar support is being used or how often the driver's seat is moved.
Rather that then what you current share with Kia, your location, how fast you were going and if you were speeding.

Will not be long before a court in some country deems this information is required and your get speeding tickets without knowing.

Big brother is and will always be watching, I'm watching always watching. 😂

·
Registered
750 Posts
Notwithstanding the safety aspect of the window issue--funny how one of the more common complaints when it comes to window operation is that the windows don't open and/or close fast enough--i.e., they open/close too slow for the customer's tastes.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Rather that then what you current share with Kia, your location, how fast you were going and if you were speeding.

Will not be long before a court in some country deems this information is required and your get speeding tickets without knowing.

Big brother is and will always be watching, I'm watching always watching. 😂
Except that Kia can’t change or delete things at the whim of their CEO’s mood.

Also, the Canadian version isn’t connected to the cloud like yours or the US. For better or for worse, our voice assistant is quite limited in their abilities. (I can’t open the charge door or turn on/off the heated seats for example).

·
Registered
GTLS RWD no HP ordered Feb 22
98 Posts
If anything this highlights Teslas strengths.

It's hardly a recall when a OTA update imminently available fixes it.

Has anyone tried the pinch sensor for the boot on the ev6 ? On my test drive I found it may be a hazard

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Except that Kia can’t change or delete things at the whim of their CEO’s mood.

Also, the Canadian version isn’t connected to the cloud like yours or the US. For better or for worse, our voice assistant is quite limited in their abilities. (I can’t open the charge door or turn on/off the heated seats for example).
(y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts