Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone in the UK been able to drive an EV6 yet. My local dealer isn’t even getting the show model until October. 🤷‍♂️☹

·
Registered
117 Posts
So has anyone in the UK been able to drive an EV6 yet. My local dealer isn’t even getting the show model until October. 🤷‍♂️☹
I have been told that a driveable demonstrator is coming in September to Portsmouth. I have my name on the list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been told that a driveable demonstrator is coming in September to Portsmouth. I have my name on the list.
Thanks Robert, las t time I ask my dealer he said maybe October but didn’t really know.
guess I’ll have to keep nagging them 🤷‍♂️
Not looking good for October delivery though, do they really expect us to buy a car without driving it first? 🤔

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks Robert, las t time I ask my dealer he said maybe October but didn’t really know.
guess I’ll have to keep nagging them 🤷‍♂️
Not looking good for October delivery though, do they really expect us to buy a car without driving it first? 🤔
I have absolutely no intention of going through with my order if I do not get a test dive first. I have heard it said that it will be similar to the Ioniq 5 (which shares the same platform). I hope not as that is reported to have a poor ride quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have absolutely no intention of going through with my order if I do not get a test dive first. I have heard it said that it will be similar to the Ioniq 5 (which shares the same platform). I hope not as that is reported to have a poor ride quality.
Yes I’ve seen the same comments on the ioniq 5. Got my name down for a test drive of that maybe in august sometime they say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, you folks in England are so ahead of us here in North America. In Canada, the car is scheduled to be socialized tomorrow, with not much shared around availability or release dates.

Looking forward to following this thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow, you folks in England are so ahead of us here in North America. In Canada, the car is scheduled to be socialized tomorrow, with not much shared around availability or release dates.

I suspect we won't see any until March to May timeframe. (Assuming it's launched here after the US. Hopefully we have a release window at tomorrow's presentation)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Wow! Given the relative market sizes I would have expected North America to be way ahead of us. Kia obviously see the UK as an important market for them. That said I still think many early adopters won’t see their EV6 until we get into 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just placed an order in the UK for the GT-Line RWD 168kW motor with 77.4kWh battery in yacht Blue with a heat pump and have been told delivery is probably March 2022.
Hope to be able to drive one in October as have a booking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just placed an order in the UK for the GT-Line RWD 168kW motor with 77.4kWh battery in yacht Blue with a heat pump and have been told delivery is probably March 2022.
I ordered a GT-Line S RWD on may 17th and was told October delivery. Have a booking to view one at dealership on October 21st, no word on a test yet. Not looking good for sticking to that delivery.
Whereabouts are you? I’m in Kent near Rochester.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a test drive in an Ioniq5 yesterday. It was fabulous ! If the ev6 is as good I'll be pleased.
I'm still favouring the ev6. Allegedly EV6....a black one.....available in Newport in September. I've sat in the matt grey GT line that's doing the rounds. car great but don't like the colour.
Ev6 is dark inside but I think classier than the Ioniq. I didn't like the D,R,P selector on Ioniq steering wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow...that's disappointing. That's the spec and colour I fancy. As it's the 'free' colour....I think....I thought it would have been a quicker delivery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a test drive in an Ioniq5 yesterday. It was fabulous ! If the ev6 is as good I'll be pleased.
I'm still favouring the ev6. Allegedly EV6....a black one.....available in Newport in September. I've sat in the matt grey GT line that's doing the rounds. car great but don't like the colour.
Ev6 is dark inside but I think classier than the Ioniq. I didn't like the D,R,P selector on Ioniq steering wheel.
What did you think of the ride quality? Was it different at low speed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What did you think of the ride quality? Was it different at low speed?
I was REALLY impressed. I drive an 8 speed auto BMW, which is a very smooth ride, but this was something else. It was consistently smooth from slow right up to 75mph on the motorway. At that speed I didn't hear any road noise, just a bit of air like a blower fan. Hardly noticeable. I drove the 73kw rear wheel drive premium. It didn't bounce or sway. I thought I'd hit something small on the motorway as the steering wheel grabbed a little to one side....there was also an audible warning. As I'd changed lanes without signalling - there was no-one behind me- it was trying to correct my steering . The salesman sitting in the back told me DOH! The screens were great, continuously showing the speed limit. The map was brilliant. The diving position great. The windscreen is so big you hardly notice the 'A' pillars. The 19" wheels look enormous. Photos don't do it justice, you need to see it in the flesh. I didn't like the Zorro markings but they look OK. I'm sold.....but I really fancy the EV6.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts