Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
And it is supposed to be "less expensive than a Bolt". Is GM giving us hot air?

Cheaper up front so the costs to buy them all back later will be cheaper as well, just like the Bolt. :oops:

·
Registered
316 Posts
As a former Bolt owner I would say that GM treated Bolt owners right. They purchased my bolt for almost twice what I could have gotten for it selling it used....and both my Chevy Volt and 2017 Chevy Bolt were rock solid reliability wise. Many other manufacturers have had similar issues and not treated owners as well. Just my 2 cents and of course others experience might be different!

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a former Bolt owner I would say that GM treated Bolt owners right. They purchased my bolt for almost twice what I could have gotten for it selling it used....and both my Chevy Volt and 2017 Chevy Bolt were rock solid reliability wise. Many other manufacturers have had similar issues and not treated owners as well. Just my 2 cents and of course others experience might be different!
I would add that primarily it was a battery issue that was the source of problem, which I believe its manufacturer (LG?) acknowledged.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would add that primarily it was a battery issue that was the source of problem, which I believe its manufacturer (LG?) acknowledged.
That is also my understanding (LG) and the Lyriq will have the new Ultium battery. this looks like a very nice technology.
General Motors Ultium Battery Technology | GM Authority

I'm not saying GM is perfect or even the best, just that they are going in a good direction and make some fine EVs and I get tired of hearing bad things about them. I do prefer the EV-6 to the lyriq and am looking forward to owning my first Korean car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts